• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TY Cyclo-cross Lim. ed. by TOYO Frame (Japan)??

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently living in Japan and saw this good looking handmade frame in a few cyclo-cross races, being used by some of the best racers (both men and women).
Outside Japan, they seem to be relatively unknown though.

From their website: toyoframe.com, you can check the specs.
Handmade in Japan from Kaisei stiff CrMo pipes and a carbon fork.

I am wondering if any of you have ever tried or knows more about its performance??
Cheers

Luigi_CX said:
I'm currently living in Japan and saw this good looking handmade frame in a few cyclo-cross races, being used by some of the best racers (both men and women).
Outside Japan, they seem to be relatively unknown though.

From their website: toyoframe.com, you can check the specs.
Handmade in Japan from Kaisei stiff CrMo pipes and a carbon fork.

I am wondering if any of you have ever tried or knows more about its performance??
Cheers

<shrugs>

The shifter cable routing doesn't look like it will work well in bad mud. Beyond that, as long as the top tube is about right for you and the geometry 'cross specific, why not?

The equipment doesn't matter too much. Legs matter.

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. Wish there were more comments to help me out...
I agree with you LEGS is the most important "equipment" (still need to improve on that).

Regarding the cable routing, I want to have quick access for maintenance that does not affect the performance doing the races (as I see in many top level cyclocross bikes).
If it doesn't seem to bother the top class racers, I don't think it'll cause me any trouble too.