• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

U.S.A Crit' Championship$ (NE)

May 3, 2010
Visit site
:cool:It's great to see that cycling it's alive and kicking in the US. While the Big Media only focuses on several Stage races, mostly ToC, Utah, Colorado, NM, ....and the local races are only followed by the hard core tifosi.......These attempt to bring about a national Championship of mostly flat, 80 KM criteriums in several cities.......will certainly help to broaden the fan base. The women get equal treatment, unlike Europe; where the hot&sexy kind is given a sobordinate role. Anyway, congrats to Rafael Merán and Euri Vidal (CRCA/Foundation) and Josê Frank Rod (Coco's) for trying hard to fight for positioning on those short and fast circuits.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
From Maglia^Nera to Lanterne*Rouge

As I was saying before I fell pray of deep slumber, The CRCA/Foundation is trying to perform an excellent job; They sort of endorse some of the best talent their Club is made up, and those fellows get sent all over the US to elbow' against some of the best Pro-Conti and Conti squads. So far, after 4 races (Florida, Arizona, South Carolina, Georgia) which are part of the NE series, Euris Vidal (FAD) is well placed in 4th place overall. His train', Rafa Merán (EN) missed the first two races....But they make a great tandem. Beware UnitedHealthcare'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!etal................

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Lake Bluff Twilight Crit

1-2 way up. Once again, Rafa Meran-Foundation, finished third, and his sprinter, Euris Vidal, failed to grab the highlights, finishing 28th.
Tomorrow, the DR National ITT were suppose to be held, and were cancelled without further notice as a result of a last minute UCI course for trainers being given by an UCI dude from England. It does not matter that Meran and Augusto Sanchez were not to be able to attend, as they would not quit their duties and pay air fare for a race without any financial rewards, other than to be able to wear the Flagship jersey. These national championships must be held between VIN and Military games, at the beginning of the season, when all riders are present in their home turf. But the FEDOCI directors think the funds given to them is for their own overhead expenditures, not for the actors who happen to be sick and tired of being dissed'. I agree with them, and support their quest for financial independance away from home.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Glencoe GP/NC

Rafa Merán *8th/1 35
Euris Vidal 22/1 37
See the trend! Rafa must work for himself, as his sprinter seems to be out of shape!!!!!!!!!!!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
TD Bank/Philly

Lowered from 250 km to only' 199.5, 6 Walls instead of 10.....The field made up of Pro-Conti and Conti' north american riders mainly is not what it used to be. None of my kids were to be seen at the starting gate', but they are sick and tired of besting' some of those names on FlatLands...Now Das' Wall, that's another story.
But once upon a time, with a bigger, faster, stronger, higher, and swifter field, my kiddo' Milito Heredia (now partner in Bike*Innovation Bike^Shop) shaked all of them up. The rest is history, folks!

May 3, 2010
Visit site
montani3semper

Overall: 3rd) Euris Vidal (CRCA/Foundation); FAD from Santiago, DR
4th) Rafa Meran(CRCA/Foundation);EN from DN, DR
CRCA second overall:cool:

En los planos, nobody messes with my kids.

TRENDING THREADS