• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

U.S. Cycling: "We're Cleans"

Bronstein said:
I stopped reading after:
“Nowadays, the testing has gotten so much better and so stringent that it’s physically impossible to get away with anything, which is excellent,”

I caught that too. I couldn't even make it through the whole thing w/laughing hysterically.

Plus, I think this guy is almost as comical and delusional as Teejay is:

http://www.bicycle.net/2015/clean-cycling-still-a-pipe-dream-says-john-degenkolb

“Anyone who does not believe us should come and observe us training to be
convinced of our honesty,” he said.

;) :D

Here's Teejay saying he "has no problem training with Wonderboy":

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/no-1-american-rider-tour-214558039.html;_ylt=AwrTcd.JYo1VaJQAheQnnIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw--

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

The Hegelian said:
He mentions climbing times! "We can't near the times of the 00's...."

A classic example of being hoisted on his own petard.

but there is an underlying honesty wrt riding with Lance.

But Talansky can utter BS before Tygart hands down the reasoned decision, and everyone at Garmin has their own mohair rug with their special scottish family tartan. things are a tad, a mere tad slower, but the 00's were a tad slower than the 90's too. but still NOT NORMAL.

I dont even know why I "need" them to tell the truth. I already know the truth. Everyone who has hung around cycling for over a decade "knows" the truth.

It was like, folks asked me if I read the Armstrong d'affaire books, or the films, and I said "no, I have not read them, they are like white noise to me, I have more clarity not getting bogged down in individual anecdotes, there is more reason by taking the overarching narrative that I had developed".

An intelligent person, looking at the history of the sport, this sport, cycling in europe, pro cycling on the road, then looking at other sports, and professional sport, team sport, individual sport, would have an understanding the sport will never ever ever be clean. There are too many base human motives, incentives, and psychology, one cannot merely remove one plank like a game of Jenga. It will never be clean, like the Olympics will never be clean.

And I am pretty sure Hoberman and Yesalis have intimated as such in their literature on performance enhancement drugs, and Savulescu has certainly covered such territory and agrees with this /appeal2authority.

If you can see it in this light, can one possibly point the arrow of guilt to an individual, that is merely a thought experiment, not an apologia to Armstrong.

And I do find the epithet of dopers as quite unedifying, or, disgraced cyclist Floyd Landis.