• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI move to own Single Speed

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
With US cycling creating a new official category the UCI is attempting to retain control of a sector of cycling that has thus far evaded power broking manipulation by fat ex-drug cheat cyclists in suits.

Hmmmm- I wonder if there will be a UCI WCtattoo?
Will a negative become a positive blood?

I thought it was great that cycling was opening up beyond the controls of the evil empire- but I guess there is just too much cash in SS

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
No rider may ride backwards on the course to reach a feeding/technical assistance zone as any rider doing so would be disqualified.

I would of thought any one capable of riding backwards would be at enough of disadvantage due to not having a freewheel that disqualification would be overkill.:rolleyes:

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
bad boy bubby

badboyberty said:
I would of thought any one capable of riding backwards would be at enough of disadvantage due to not having a freewheel that disqualification would be overkill.:rolleyes:

I think the rule is actually referring to the technique of sitting on the bars backwards and pedalling around like that-

Feb 5, 2010
Visit site
First post. Hello,

maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. It could force SS racing back underground. Singlespeed races will become like prohibition era speakeasys... Circulated by word of mouth. That should buy us a few more years of fun.

TRENDING THREADS