• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Points Scheme vs Straight up Racing

UCI Points System. What?

• I hate polls/Undecisive/abstain in life in general.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
By popular demand the masses what to know what actually should count. (I think)

1. should be:

how about get rid of the stupid UCI points system, go back to everyone knowing their job and position in the peloton instead of thinking 'I gotta get points' and taking unnecessary risks (CobbleStoner's Rule).

I can't go over the 100 chars so had to chop it up, sorry CobbleStoner, blame the forum settings not me I wanted the exact sentence/comment.

3. I mean staggered from high points for winner to 1 to last place.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
will10 said:
It is possible to have a discussion without a ridiculous poll, you know.

Its also possible to include a poll, hence the feature. Just because there's humor doesn't mean there isn't a discussion. Unless you feel so ridiculous and can't take it serious and vice versa.

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
The current "sporting criteria" under which UCI rates the teams is actually closer to CQ than UCI World Tour points, if I'm not mistaken.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
42x16ss said:
I like the 3rd last option, with a compulsory "Best Wheelie" Classification to be added to all Pro Tour stage races, along with "Craziest Descent", "Best Crash Avoidance Technique" and "Classiest Dismount"

I smell another poll coming soon! :D

TRENDING THREADS