UCI Professional Continental Teams for 2010

Mar 10, 2009
651
0
0
Acqua & Sapone (ITA)
Andalucia Cajasur (ESP)
Bbox Bouygues Telecom (FRA)
BMC Racing Team (USA)
Carmiooro - NGC (GBR)
CCC Polsat Polkowice (POL)
Ceramica Flaminia (IRL)
Cervélo Test Team (SUI)
Cofidis (FRA)
Colnago - CSF Inox (IRL)
De Rosa - Stac Plastic (IRL)
ISD - Neri (ITA)
Landbouwkrediet (BEL)
Saur - Sojasun (FRA)
Scott - Marcondes César Sao José dos Campos (BRA)
Skil - Shimano (NED)
Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator (BEL)
Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team (NED)
Voralberg - Corratec (AUT)

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?id=NjY1Ng&MenuId=MTYxNw&LangId=1&BackLink=/Templates/UCI/UCI5/layout.asp?MenuID=MTYxNw&LangId=1

and some riders
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=25031&tp=n
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
theres some decent teams there.. race organisers are going to have some pretty big decisions to make..
 
Dec 2, 2009
197
0
0
Anybody knows results or riders from: Scott - Marcondes César Sao José dos Campos???

And what about Lapre??? They are in void...
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Grzdylu said:
Anybody knows results or riders from: Scott - Marcondes César Sao José dos Campos???
Here: http://www.sjciclismo.com.br/

I'm astonished that they have the license. They have decent riders, but no good ones. Medici would be the best, but even he's a bit iffy.

They do have the paralympic gold medallist in the (non-paralympic) road team, though. Which is a nice novelty.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
How on earth does De Rosa - Stac Plastic (formerly LPR) get a Pro Conti licence, when they have had so many positive dope tests in the last couple of years?
 
Aug 3, 2009
131
0
0
lucybears said:
Acqua & Sapone (ITA)
Andalucia Cajasur (ESP)
Bbox Bouygues Telecom (FRA)
BMC Racing Team (USA)
Carmiooro - NGC (GBR)
CCC Polsat Polkowice (POL)
Ceramica Flaminia (IRL)
Cervélo Test Team (SUI)
Cofidis (FRA)
Colnago - CSF Inox (IRL)
De Rosa - Stac Plastic (IRL)
ISD - Neri (ITA)
Landbouwkrediet (BEL)
Saur - Sojasun (FRA)
Scott - Marcondes César Sao José dos Campos (BRA)
Skil - Shimano (NED)
Topsport Vlaanderen - Mercator (BEL)
Vacansoleil Pro Cycling Team (NED)
Voralberg - Corratec (AUT)

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/ENews/ENewsDetails.asp?id=NjY1Ng&MenuId=MTYxNw&LangId=1&BackLink=/Templates/UCI/UCI5/layout.asp?MenuID=MTYxNw&LangId=1

and some riders
http://www.tuttobiciweb.it/index.php?page=news&cod=25031&tp=n
Is it me or have the UCI got seriously confused between Italy and Ireland on that list?
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
I think you will find that a lot of the Italian teams register in other countries (such as Ireland) as a loop hole to pay less tax. De Rosa - Stac Plastic, Colnago - CSF Inox, and Ceramica Flaminia, are about as Irish as I am Italian (and I have no links to Italy, aside from spending two and a half weeks there in 2007. Nor am I Irish either, never been there).
 
Jun 16, 2009
759
0
0
Where are the boys in pink?

Does anyone know what is happening with Lampre's licence? Not PT, now not even Pro-Conti? I assume they will get a Pro-Contintental licence at the minimum, or are their finances really that bad they can't even get the same status as CCC Polsat Polkowice and De Rosa - Stac Plastic?
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
Interesting that Rock Racing want to go Pro Contintental. I thought money was pretty tight there. If they do, they will be registed in Mexico.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
craig1985 said:
Interesting that Rock Racing want to go Pro Contintental. I thought money was pretty tight there. If they do, they will be registed in Mexico.
Since when has lack of resources ever stopped Ball from claiming he'll do anything? ;)
 
Aug 3, 2009
131
0
0
craig1985 said:
I think you will find that a lot of the Italian teams register in other countries (such as Ireland) as a loop hole to pay less tax. De Rosa - Stac Plastic, Colnago - CSF Inox, and Ceramica Flaminia, are about as Irish as I am Italian (and I have no links to Italy, aside from spending two and a half weeks there in 2007. Nor am I Irish either, never been there).
Ah. That makes sense. Thanks.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
It's not just for tax reasons. It's also that the minimum Continental rider's wage is set on a country by country basis. It's a way of signing some riders for a real pittance.
 
May 6, 2009
8,524
1
0
If the riders union had any power, they would stop that from happening. But they couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery.
 
Mar 26, 2009
2,534
0
0
craig1985 said:
I think you will find that a lot of the Italian teams register in other countries (such as Ireland)...
By what I knew it's due to a limit of each Country in getting Pro Continental teams.

issoisso said:
Here: http://www.sjciclismo.com.br/

I'm astonished that they have the license.
Indeed Im wondering...what would they do with that license?
I don't think they are considering entering races in Europe or Pro Tour events..

craig1985 said:
How on earth does De Rosa - Stac Plastic (formerly LPR) get a Pro Conti licence, when they have had so many positive dope tests in the last couple of years?
Totally agree.

craig1985 said:
Interesting that Rock Racing want to go Pro Contintental. I thought money was pretty tight there. If they do, they will be registed in Mexico.
The latests news said Ball was close to sign with some mexican sponsors.
There's no news about it but he signed something like 3 more spanish cyclists.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY