• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

UCI Reject Dutch anti-doping Accord

Basically Dutch Cycling are playing the line that doping stopped in 2008, so infringements after that have higher penalties than prior to that.

So they set up a doping accord where pre-2008 confessions get 6 months suspensions (probably best to confess at end of season :D)

A signed confession to doping activities is required from cyclists on Dutch Pro Tour Teams

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-rejects-dutch-anti-doping-accord

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Of course the UCI rejects the accord. The last thing they need is any more evidence of their complicity. Their Truth and Reconciliation process no doubt will allow amensty for their internal crookedness.

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
every rider and staff member should should have filled in/signed the questionnaire before april 1st, so I assume everyone has already filled in the questionnaire

May 19, 2010
Visit site
hidache said:
every rider and staff member should should have filled in/signed the questionnaire before april 1st, so I assume everyone has already filled in the questionnaire

Hein will fix that True Blood style. Glammer anyone who's seen any of it, and blitz all papers and data servers. Then he will go to Madrid and feast on Fuentes blood bags.

So what is the likelihood that ANY active rider has confessed pre-2008 doping, hoping to get their hands on a 6-month race participation waiver?
Even retired Dutch riders hardly eer speak out, when it's too late to accuse them. They only speak when they have to.

Each doper probably knows dozens personally who have not been been mentioned in relation to any bad doc. Why step up to the firing squad if you can do what you've doing forever, being STFU?

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
If UCI refuses to acknowledge such steps then their own Truth & Reconciliation better be the most fantastic thing ever.

Have they layed out a plan for this or set dates, contacted the many people involved in this, set specific goals etc.? Are they really interested in uncovering the uncomfortable details and if not, will the more active cycling organisations rebel against the UCI? Or will this whole issue die a slow death..

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Clausfarre said:
If UCI refuses to acknowledge such steps then their own Truth & Reconciliation better be the most fantastic thing ever.

Have they layed out a plan for this or set dates, contacted the many people involved in this, set specific goals etc.? Are they really interested in uncovering the uncomfortable details and if not, will the more active cycling organisations rebel against the UCI? Or will this whole issue die a slow death..

No they haven't and my personal view is that it will just fade into memory.

I think the discussion of a T&R Commission was nothing more than a smokescreen as part of disbanding the Independent Inquiry, because it started to show early that it was taking it's job too seriously.

If anything happens further at all, I expect it will be Phat announcing that a T&R Commission is not possible because WADA rules couldn't be set aside.

In the future, he'll then trot that one out whenever he needs to divert the doping argument away from the UCI. It is WADA's fault that doping continues.