• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

uploading photos to your usercp is a major PIA

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Minor pain IMHO. The site admin could change it.

picture.php

Posting inline from the user album seems simple enough!

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
FYI, you need a direct link for an image to show. Imageshack doesn't provide it unless you register. You'll get a blank. Just something I learned.

Is it uploaded somewhere? If not it's easy to use ImageShack or a similar website.

Then you need the actual link to the image, the best way to do this is right click on an image and "Copy Image Location".

Then in a forum post you need to insert that link inside IMG tags, so it looks something like this:

myphoto.jpg

If it's a link to an actual image then the image tags will make it display on the page.

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Is it uploaded somewhere? If not it's easy to use ImageShack or a similar website.

Then you need the actual link to the image, the best way to do this is right click on an image and "Copy Image Location".

page.

Ferminal, thanks for the tutorial. I was hoping to upload directly from my computer iphotos...but I'll give your system a shot.
Cheers,
Quixote

TRENDING THREADS