• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

USADA - What about repaying the money?

May 26, 2010
Visit site

This team, USPS/Disco cleaned up big time, are they going to pay any of it back.

Armstrong won 7 TdFs + multiple stage wins and all the bonus from sponors.

Is any of this going to be paid back?

I dont expect Armstrong to part with any without a fight, but what about the others?

Have they offered to reimburse the various races?

Will it have to be repayed?

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

This team, USPS/Disco cleaned up big time, are they going to pay any of it back.

Armstrong won 7 TdFs + multiple stage wins and all the bonus from sponors.

Is any of this going to be paid back?

I dont expect Armstrong to part with any without a fight, but what about the others?

Have they offered to reimburse the various races?

Will it have to be repayed?

I believe the UCI might be able to force repayment of awards (but perhaps not). In general... civil suits would probably be required from each race to get the money back.

USADA would have no jurisdiction on race winnings.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
kurtinsc said:
I believe the UCI might be able to force repayment of awards (but perhaps not). In general... civil suits would probably be required from each race to get the money back.

USADA would have no jurisdiction on race winnings.

I guess no one i going to ask for race winnings to be repaid, especially ASO as it might open a can of worms.

TRENDING THREADS