• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vacansoleil bigger budget. Outcome?

May 31, 2011
Visit site
According to a reasonably reliable cycling site, Vacansoleil will have a bigger budget for 2012. They will be capable of spending almost 8 mil.

Along with that, Daan Luijkx announced he is expecting to be able to present three more riders during the fall.

Any thoughts on whom they will be contracting or should attract for their team in your eyes? Their problem in my opinion is that they are relatively late to lay their eyes on the 'better-riders-market'. But then again, they might have contact with some of such players for a while. Though there won't be many high-class riders willing to wait such a very long time for a team to have certainty about their budget. Same as Martin announced he didn't want to take the gamble with Skil. All fairly reasonable.

Anyway, give me your thoughts on the subject.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
All of their guys were all rounders. Van Hummel's signing was a departure from this rule, but I'd like to see them sign more good riders in that mould. It would be cool if they signed a GC guy who was a bit of a day racer/all rounder too.

TRENDING THREADS