• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

van Dijk gets 8 years for second offense

seems like people don't realize yet

it is a uci politic i suggested myself to them years ago. ban the riders after they actually retired. zaballa,barredo, van dijk, hoste.
why on earth make the fans suffer , suspending beautiful riders at the top of their game? isn't the best for everybody suspending them after their career is over?
anti-doping wins, fans win, uci wins.
i applaud this approach by uci.

The hypocrisy of the cycling world at its apex... Van Dijk gets 8 years for an offense which isn't even serious enough to take Kittel off the anti-doping crusader pedestal. By the Belgian union which does no investigation to speak of into the history of, say, Patrick Lefevere.

Yes, I know it's his second 'offense'.

jens_attacks said:
seems like people don't realize yet

it is a uci politic i suggested myself to them years ago. ban the riders after they actually retired. zaballa,barredo, van dijk, hoste.
why on earth make the fans suffer , suspending beautiful riders at the top of their game? isn't the best for everybody suspending them after their career is over?
anti-doping wins, fans win, uci wins.
i applaud this approach by uci.
But Zaballa was never properly suspended and neither was Barredo? Barredo was still young enough to have years in him, he was just hounded into retirement by the UCI.