• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

VDB Wins!

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
he was one of my favorites. I am just not sure that he can get back to that kind of shape he has had before. I really wonder how good he really was being that he was a doper but it is not like everyone else wasn't doing it.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Why isn't this all over Twitter :D the whole of Belgium must be in an uproar!

Could this be the come back Belgium has been waiting for since 1999? Or the Nth failed attempt?

Either way, its about time he got something right in a race since 1999 or so. The big Belgium hope/hype finally wins a pro race (I didn't say ProTour if you notice). Yes, a minor race but a win is a win.

Gotta love the pic
showimg.php
, where'd they dig that up from, doesn't the team have a pic of him or did they not bother due to his usual short term racing for the past teams?

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
tool

cyclevelo said:
he was one of my favorites. I really wonder how good he really was being that he was a doper but it is not like everyone else wasn't doing it.

You really wonder?

I can tell how deeply you've though about things.