• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Velogames Tour de France Game

You know people are morons when they list Basso as an all rounder, but Sanchez as a climber.

Oh that Basso. Always descending away from the field and taking time on the others in the tt. Never shy to use his super acceleration to surprise contenders on a hill, or to mix in those Grand Tours with a tilt at the Ardennes classics or worlds.

What will we do without him,

Anywho. Tripple P M in the house.

I had a last minute panic when i realised i should get rid of Gerrans for someone else ( Vanendert ). I also thought through having Froome ( my only reason is he will go well on the team classification stuff ).

I went to change/ look at the options and it is now closed, so i am stuck with my team of

Rider Team Cost Total
Cadel EVANS BMC 22 0
Robert GESINK RAB 14 0
Matthew LLOYD LAM 6 0
Pierre ROLLAND EUC 10 0
Matthew GOSS GEC 12 0
Christopher FROOME SKY 8 0
Simon GERRANS GEC 6 0
Tony MARTIN OPQ 8 0
Peter SAGAN LIQ 14 0
It is ridiculously easy to make a good team but people might have got a rider that might also win the overall ( over Evans )/ more stage winners.
May the best forumite win.

My early favourite is Tob Thom.

My team:

Bradley WIGGINS SKY 22 148
Cadel EVANS BMC 22 23
Jurgen VAN DEN BROECK LTB 14 0
Pierre ROLLAND EUC 10 0
Mark RENSHAW RAB 6 0
Rui COSTA MOV 6 0
Peter VELITS OPQ 6 29
Fabian CANCELLARA RNT 8 185
Chris Anker SORENSEN SAX 6 0

Wiggins and Evans because they are the biggest favorites for the overal.
I hope Van Den Broeck can do well overall.
Rolland, get points on the mountain stages, possible top 10 overall.
Renshaw, probably no stage wins, but should get some points on the sprint stages

Rui Costa, not sure what to expect really, hope he can do something in the mountains.

Peter Velis, hope he can surprise overall, maybe get points on the time trial stages.

Cancellara: Obbviously hope he win as he did today, might keep yellow for a while, and should of course get points in the 2 time trials.

Anker Sørensen: Will try to get the climbers jersey according to feltet.dk

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
My team:

Denis MENCHOV 16
Vincenzo NIBALI 16
Samuel SÁNCHEZ 16
Maxime MONFORT 6
Marcel KITTEL 14
Tony MARTIN 8
Fabian CANCELLARA 8
Thomas DANIELSON 8
Andreas KLÖDEN 8

My team:
Peter Sagan
Alejandro Valverde
Michele Scarponi
Rein Taaramae
Mark Cavendish
Daniel Martin
Philippe Gilbert
EBH
Cancellara

Every rider except Scarponi has scored points now and I'm leading the cyclingnews minileague standings by over 150 points :D. Anyway, yes, I've realised now that my team is too crap to score any points in the second part of the tour...

E: It actually was in the part of updating the scores when I said I'm leading the scores.. well... I'm not.

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
LaFleur said:
My team:
Peter Sagan
Alejandro Valverde
Michele Scarponi
Rein Taaramae
Mark Cavendish
Daniel Martin
Philippe Gilbert
EBH
Cancellara

Every rider except Scarponi has scored points now and I'm leading the cyclingnews minileague standings by over 150 points :D. Anyway, yes, I've realised now that my team is too crap to score any points in the second part of the tour...

E: It actually was in the part of updating the scores when I said I'm leading the scores.. well... I'm not.

No, you're not. Although if Martin has had it we won't be troubling you for too much longer.

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
greenedge said:
How did you get points from Taaramae/ Cav?

There are points available for the top 20 Daily classification, so Taaramäe is 16th and got 5 points.

Cavendish got points for "Assists - Teammate stage positions", that was 1 point thanks to Boasson Hagen. He also got "Assists - Teammate General Classification positions", 3 points thanks to Wiggins. He got 4 points for Sky being a team classification leader too.

There are so many points available in so many ridiculous categories: http://velogames.com/tdf/scores.php

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
All going well so far, my little boys team leading the CN league by 200pts, my team 8th overall on todays results and in the top 10 overall in the Halfords game.