• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Visiting the Tour Flanders this weekend

Mar 27, 2018
Visit site
I'm making the pilgrimage to Belgium this weekend to watch the Tour of Flanders and wondered if anyone had any hints, tips or general advice that would help make my wife and I get the most from what is hopefully going to be a memorable trip.

We're staying in Ghent on Saturday night before driving to a little village called Kluisbergen so that we can try and stand on the Oude Kwaremont and watch them as they struggle up the hill.

Does anyone know if this is feasible, complete madness, not a good idea etc?

If anyone has successfully watched the race from one of the classics cobbked climbs, what time would we need to be there to get a decent spot?

Any help, no matter how stupid or small you think it could be would be gratefully received.

Thanks.