• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2013 Sprinters

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Richeypen said:
I really hope that Sky dont waste EBH in the sprints. Let him go for the breaks and he will clean up that way. Even with the relativly weak sprint field at the Vuelta I dont see him winning a mass sprint on this year's form.
Pretty sure he will, the field is very poor. He beat guys like Matthews and Meersman in Dauphine and those guys are some of the fastest competitors. Imo only Bos is much faster on paper, but he screws up so often in terms of positioning that I can't see him dominating.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
He beat guys like Matthews and Meersman in Dauphine and those guys are some of the fastest competitors.

He did. But on the other hand whenever there was a bump in the road he was nowhere while Meersman was contesting the top 2. And Bling looked great on many of the drags in Utah.

I just don't know how to call the Vuelta sprints - and it sure is making my fantasy picks difficult. :D

batchuba said:
He did. But on the other hand whenever there was a bump in the road he was nowhere while Meersman was contesting the top 2.
Not really, the stage he won had a decent bump and he also won the bunch sprint ahead of Meersman on the reasonably hilly stage which Voeckler won. He didn't contest the sprint on the first 2 days though, for whatever reason.

Normally EBH is in his best form at this time of the season, so I'm sure he'll be climbing reasonably well at least.

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Seems like the perfect opportunity for Bos to win a couple of GT stages. He is definitely the fastest sprinter in this pack and he has a lead out train for himself. So I wonder, how will they still manage to **** this up?

Leonardus said:
Seems like the perfect opportunity for Bos to win a couple of GT stages. He is definitely the fastest sprinter in this pack and he has a lead out train for himself. So I wonder, how will they still manage to **** this up?
Bos can do that all on his own. F#$king up I mean. He often struggles to hold the wheel of his leadout.

If he gets to the final 200 m anywhere close to the lead, he wins.

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Leonardus said:

Already achieved, earlier than usual. :)

TRENDING THREADS