• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2014 HYPE!!!!

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Wallenquist said:
Cyclingfever added Sagan to the Vuelta's startlist :eek: anyone have confirmation for that ? Does Peter really going to ride Vuelta this year ?

Well yesterday they said on Sporza that he will ride the Vuelta.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Wallenquist said:
Cyclingfever added Sagan to the Vuelta's startlist :eek: anyone have confirmation for that ? Does Peter really going to ride Vuelta this year ?

Must be tired of coming 2nd and wants some wins if he is thinking about going, hope to pull a Degenkolb 2012 on the field perhaps?

Arredondo said:
PCS often put riders on the list just to remove them later. Don't take it to seriously at the moment.

But perhaps Peter wants to win a stage in a GT this year at last;)

Changing the team means that he probably does not have to do Colorado, Alberta races and Vuelta in "training" mode might be the best way how to prepare himself for Ponferada.

He should do San Sebastian next week.

Wallenquist said:
Yeah, Vuelta is a good idea for some stage wins but on the other hand does he really expect to be in form for WC after such a long season with two GT's in a row ?
It's not really the same to ride two GT's in a row as a sprinter/stage hunter and as a GC rider. I think it's a great idea, as there'll be plenty of days where he can take it easy with the only focus of staying inside the time limit.

Wallenquist said:
Yeah, Vuelta is a good idea for some stage wins but on the other hand does he really expect to be in form for WC after such a long season with two GT's in a row ?

He was quite impressive in Montreal last year. Probably peaking one week earlier than he wanted.

As far as Vuelta is concerned he will probably DNF like Cance last year. However it is still not confirmed.

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Wallenquist said:

Purito and Piti were 2nd and 3rd in Florence last year, after competing Tour and Vuelta for a good GC.

Should be no problem at all for Sagan to ride the Vuelta and be good at the Worlds.

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
It's not really the same to ride two GT's in a row as a sprinter/stage hunter and as a GC rider. I think it's a great idea, as there'll be plenty of days where he can take it easy with the only focus of staying inside the time limit.

agree.

i think sagan shud just ride the stages like a long training ride. he can hunt stages that he likes. Nothing better than riding to form in a GT.

if things get too tough, he can always DNF.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Do you think Birdsong will be at the Vuelta? I would love to see both Aru and maybe even Landa outclimb him. :D
Will Astana bring Andrea Guardini? He seems to be one of the most inconsistent sprinters, you never know how he will do.

Mayomaniac said:
Do you think Birdsong will be at the Vuelta? I would love to see both Aru and maybe even Landa outclimb him. :D
Will Astana bring Andrea Guardini? He seems to be one of the most inconsistent sprinters, you never know how he will do.

I definitely see Aru as the leader. Since there's no cobbles in Vuelta Birdsong should take a vacation.

TRENDING THREADS