• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta 2018 stage 21: Alcorcón - Madrid 100.9 km

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I did (not very seriously) raise the idea of twin swapping back during the Giro, but that throwaway line was an unnecessary distraction in the comment here.

Simon, in red jersey, was well behind the bunch, milking the applause. I noticed, because I wondered how much of his winning margin was remaining. It is being replayed on ES at the moment, I'll double check in 9.7 km.

Well that's rather embarrassing: apologies to Tobydawq for rebutting his correction. What in fact I saw was not SY waving to the crowd, but Bauke Mollema sitting up and wiping his nose. The commentary was talking about Yates swelling with pride, and I guess I was expecting to see some kind of triumphal salute, but not looking closely at what red jersey the camera was zooming in on.

I must pay closer attention.

Re:

Armchair cyclist said:
Well that's rather embarrassing: apologies to Tobydawq for rebutting his correction. What in fact I saw was not SY waving to the crowd, but Bauke Mollema sitting up and wiping his nose. The commentary was talking about Yates swelling with pride, and I guess I was expecting to see some kind of triumphal salute, but not looking closely at what red jersey the camera was zooming in on.

I must pay closer attention.
:lol:

TRENDING THREADS