• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Vuelta a España - Stage 6: Xativa - Xativa 176,8Km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Oh cmon, Westra alone is better than whole Skil. Hoogerland idem, and then I haven't even named Bozic, Leukemans etc...

Yes indeed. How could I be so naive in thinking that a whole team has as much talent, endurance and passion as lieuwe westra in the pinky toe of his left (his weakest) foot.

That skil even pays these amateurs!

May 13, 2009
Visit site
titan_90 said:
It's great to see Bozic get the win for Vacansoleil, a well earned and deserved win:cool:

I agree, I always have my favorites on who I want to win, but am glad when a smaller team gets one. A win like this for a smaller team is huge.

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Farrar's jersey

From the picture of today's stage, it appears that Tyler was wearing a green jersey, but he's not leading the points competition. Does anybody know what the jersey is and why he is wearing it today instead of the usual Garmin kit?

Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
It was the points jersey. Greipel was wearing gold for being the race leader. Boonen chose to wear the national champion jersey over the green (since he was not the true leader) so it fell to Tyler in 3rd position.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Maybe Cadel got bored and decided to have some interval training for tomorrow's ITT.

It was gilbert who attacked , not evans. if your talking about the sprint then i dunno why he was getting involved but it was funny to see him beat griepel

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
IMO evans wants to win the vuelta, but my saying he has the worlds in mind he aputs less pressure on himself and less media expectation, which again helps with the pressure.

I think Evans will be the best of the GCrs on saturday, but I'm not so sure he will survive in the mountains, we'll see...

Maybe he has learnt from the tour crosswinds to stay up the front. Really happy vancosoleil, a much deserved win for the team.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
It was gilbert who attacked , not evans. if your talking about the sprint then i dunno why he was getting involved but it was funny to see him beat griepel

I meant the sprint.

Evans > Griepel ftw.

TRENDING THREADS