• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Watching La Vuelta - road closures

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Am off to Spain next week and was planning on watching stage 13 to Sierra Nevada.

I believe unlike the tour they have rolling road closures on La Vuelta... anyone know how long before the race passes through they close the roads off? Or anywhere on the web I could find out...

Apologies if I've posted this in the wrong bit, wasn't sure whether to stick it in here or in the 'General' forum.

Any other tips on watching a GT mountain stage would be handy too :)

May 15, 2009
Visit site
I know, but how long before the riders do they close the road to traffic?

I'm led to believe that with the Tour the road is closed pretty much the whole day, but I don't think this is the case with the Vuelta?

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Surely there's someone out there who's watched the Vuelta?

Was going to drive up but if we have to get there the night before my g/f won't be too happy with camping up there :rolleyes:

TRENDING THREADS