• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Welcome to Workshop & Maintenance

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Welcome all to the new Workshop & Maintenance forum. As the description for this forum says, it is your place to learn how to true a wheel, how to fix that clicking sound or simply maintain you bike for the long haul. It's your one-stop online mechanic shop (I'm quite proud of that line by the way :D).

Please feel free to start filling it up with any and all maintenance questions, online resources or whatever else you can think of. Normal forum rules and posting guidelines apply.

This is great! I can't wait until you guys fill this up with some awesome info.

Some info on what gruppo's can mix and match would be cool.

I've been thinking about upgrading some components on one of my bikes and would like to use campy. Does it mesh with shimano ultegra 10 speed?

Cheers!

Re:

irondan said:
This is great! I can't wait until you guys fill this up with some awesome info.

Some info on what gruppo's can mix and match would be cool.

I've been thinking about upgrading some components on one of my bikes and would like to use campy. Does it mesh with shimano ultegra 10 speed?

Cheers!

i have posted a thread that may be of assistance to you

please ask if you need more details going back further than 10spd

Re:

ebandit said:
........i remember 10 speed.............2 x 5.....................

Mark L
Fixies would be funner, just because they're so low-maintenance. (As compared to a 21, or even 10- speed.)

Would like to make a fixie out of one of my bikes, unfortunately, the rear drop-outs are not suited for it. (Nor is my form.)

I definitely do commend ya'll who are riding a fixie, though. :)