• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Well done to old man Petacchi.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Is this Ale Jet hyping or Cav bashing thread ?
I just do both.

The power-gnome was taught another lesson by Mr. Style. :(

No perfect train and leadout - no win, outsprinted by the master himself again. Next part. :D
(just mocking some users who were able to find and point out some sprints where Cav won without train. of course he can do both, but his winning chance is not 100% then. I think its just 50% then.)
Anyway, I like Cav - but Petacchi more, because he even looks superstylish when sprinting.

Around 10 years ago, I somehow hated Petacchi, like I also hated Armstrong.
Just because they beat Zabel and Ullrich so often.
Next step was to accept that they were just better or faster, followed by growing respect and then finally admiration for their continuity.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Cobblestoned said:
I just do both.

No perfect train and leadout - no win, outsprinted by the master himself again. Next part. :D
(just mocking some users who were able to find and point out some sprints where Cav won without train. of course he can do both, but his winning chance is not 100% then. I think its just 50% then.)
Anyway, I like Cav - but Petacchi more, because he even looks superstylish when sprinting.

Next step was to accept that they were just better or faster, followed by growing respect and then finally admiration for their continuity.
petacchi hyping or appreciation thread.. I made it after he won the green jersey in the tour... please don't turn it into a cavendish bashing thread or anything like that.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Foxxy sprint by Pettachi,schooled Cav. nice! I am also a CaV.FAN.
Epic bike handling by Pettachi. Not to many can make his moves at full tilt.

Cobblestoned said:
I just do both.

Cobbledy, I really have to agree with you! Petacchi sprints in a superstylish manner. He looks very classy and is great to watch when he's on.
(I always have been a huge fan of both Zabel and especially the Jan.
the only thing I disagree with btw is the other person named) :)

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
danjo007 said:
you would think he knew how to ride a bike in a straight line tho. average.

It's part of the sport and the sprinting discipline. I've seen McEwen cut across from far right to past center of the road in front of the bunch, without concern for who could possibly be advancing from the bunch at his same speed or greater. What Petacchi did was mild and well within the rules.

danjo007 said:
true, cause he wasnt going to win any other way.. so how is that classy?

I understand what you mean, and I think it would have been interesting to see what would have happened if Petacchi had gone straight ahead instead of veering left. But since AleJet really didn't impede Cav, I don't think the maneuver was classless. But when I said classy I meant I think AleJet is a very likeable character... IMO.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
palmerq said:
petacchi hyping or appreciation thread.. I made it after he won the green jersey in the tour... please don't turn it into a cavendish bashing thread or anything like that.

Can i bash a mod for starting a spoiler thread? You are aware that technology allows people to record live TV to watch at their leisure, aren't you?

I would have posted yesterday but was too p*ssed off. What was wrong with the stage thread?????

Thanks.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Havetts said:
Erm, this thread is from the Tour de France of 2010. It just got edited and bumped, don't be mad..

ha, my bad :eek:

Thanks for pointing that out the error of my ways and apologies to palmerq :)

Good/bad timing, i guess