• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Wellens en wee

DAOTEC

BANNED
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
@ Echoes | I can't wait for september > Fidea 2010/11

media_xl_3874659.jpg

'Telenet-Fidea Team: Building for another winning year'

For the seventh year Fidea the insurance company is sponsor of the cyclo-cross team from Bart Wellens and Czech champion Zdenek Stybar.
Whith an eighth year already signed, and possibly several more seasons to follow, told Chairman Edwin Schellens during the team presentation in Paal-Beringen. For the second year in a row, Telenet is co-sponsor. The team led by former world champion Danny De Bie hasadded seven elite cyclists to the team road racer Wouter Van Mechelen and five promises strong.

TelenetFidea-vi.jpg

"Last year we achieved 104 podiums together and the world tiltle of Stybar as the icing on the cake," says manager Hans Kast." It is difficult to do so during the upcoming cyclo-cross season to match that but we go for the highest anyway. I love these kind of challenges. The rumors that Stybar and Pauwels were to change teams we have suppressed. I am respecting my own contract but I demand the same attitude from riders. So we are well armed for another strong winter. "

"I am back again"
Wellens is eager to do well after a difficult 2009-2010 season due to the CMV-Virus (cytomegalovirus). He wants to show on his 32nd that he is still able to challenge the best three (Stybar, Nys and Albert) every week. "Because I suffered with the cytomegalovirus I couldn't compete for half a season. After the season opener in Erpe-Mere I was already sidelined. At the end of the season with my wins in Eeklo and Vorselaar I showed that I still have it. I had a really good summer and I improved in every stage race on the road I competed in. I hope to win at least one big cross this winter and to challenge the best three every week."

"I'm already in good shape"
Stybar will start his 2010-2011 cross season in Strybro in his home country the Czech-Republic. The race is in his hometown and is organized by his father. "I'll start my fifth season with the Telenet-Fidea team. At the end of the season my contract will expire and I don't have made any decisions yet about my future if I will stay with the team or not. I am not afraid to ride a season long in the rainbow jersey. Problems with my seat disturbed my summer program a little bit. I have been operated and couldn't ride on my bike for ten days. Therefore I had to miss the Tour of Belgium in May. But thanks to the training camp on altitude in Sankt-Moritz and some stage races (Stybar won the prologue in the Tour of Slovakia) after my shape is now very good. I'm ready to start the season." (Belga / dea)

Composition of the team Telenet Fidea:
Manager: Hans Kast
Team manager: Danny De Bie
Budget: 1.9 million euros
Bikes: Ridley
The riders:
Elite: Zdenek Stybar (TSJ), Bart Wellens, Kevin Pauwels, Tom Meeusen, Rob Peeters, Petr Dlask (TSJ), Robert Gavenda (Slo), Wouter Van Mechelen (elite road racer without contract)
Promises: Baestaens Vincent (21 years), Corné van Kessel (19) Arnaud Grand (20), Micki Van Empel (20), Charles Hnik (19)

TRENDING THREADS