• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What is purpose or job of the UCI?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
allegedlly it is the world governing body of cycling but in reality it is a front to launder money from cycling into the swiss bank accounts of Verbruggen and McQuaid.

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
baker0127 said:
The more I read about the UCI the more I am convinced that they are absolutely useless and no good for cycling in general. JB
The UCI is the Cycling world representative they are elected board that takes all our membership fees and spends them on overseas trips luxurey hotels and cars to name a few things they do with our money.

Its the word elected that I dont understand WHO elected them or do they elect them selves.

They represent Cycling on the world front but they are suposed to do what the members who elected them to do just like our politicians.
They do what they want to do.
Dose that sound familiar.
It is the reason the masters have setup their own govening body well clear of UCI and running it well.