• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What odds was Van Summeren paying ?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Van Summeren must have paid out nicely I am still kicking myself for not securing the Unibet Sagan vs Wiggins head to head at 2.50 that was like taking candy from a baby :rolleyes: but in the end Sagan only beat Wiggins by a couple of places so he must have had some major problems out on the road ..I saw him get caught up in a couple of crashes .

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Slumdog-Zomergem said:
Van Summeren must have paid out nicely I am still kicking myself for not securing the Unibet Sagan vs Wiggins head to head at 2.50 that was like taking candy from a baby :rolleyes: but in the end Sagan only beat Wiggins by a couple of places so he must have had some major problems out on the road ..I saw him get caught up in a couple of crashes .

Wiggins had problems of his own. He had to have stitches in his knee.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Checking up on those odds, it sounds like either 66 to 1 on one site and 100 to 1 on another...I am surprised they were not about 200 to 1 actually...wonder if there is anyone out here who actually put money on him? I rather liked seeing such an outsider win...and his asking his gf to get married at the end of the race was a nice touch...seems like a nice kid and great to see him win it...