• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

What will be this year's excuse

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
Dear UCI/WADA/national federation: Prior to the Alpe d'Huez stage I ate a Turducken contaminated with HGH, EPO and Clen.
as for the opiates found on the sample, that I cannot explain.

A

Anonymous

I was dehydrated due to German bean sprouts on my salad.

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
Fourier said:
Dear UCI/WADA/national federation: Prior to the Alpe d'Huez stage I ate a Turducken contaminated with HGH, EPO and Clen.
as for the opiates found on the sample, that I cannot explain.

The opiates should be the easiest to explain: poppyseed muffins!

(and one of the few food excuses that actually can explain a false-positive under normal circumstances)

May 25, 2009
Visit site
Here are some:

My 78 year old mother crossing the border into France let the ice melt in her refrigerated motorcycle side panels--and thinking it was Pom Wonderful - I drank 2 pints - er, uh, I mean bottles..

My hotel got my room mixed and accidently put my agent's centrifuge and blood for his Hemopheliac wife in my room. I assumed it was my special-order Charlie Sheen Tiger's Blood and drank it.

I didn't actually test positive, all 18 people, including testers and people who saw me take the drugs, have, in some way, zero credibility, and I like my credibility.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
I found out I stayed in the same hotel room <insert past doper's name> stayed in and got a contact contamination!

This way they could use pretty much any PED and use the Contador excuse and get away with it :p

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I was winning too much and there was some kind of blood-busting pesticide remnants in a podium champagne. First victory was the hardest, than it got easier, but how could I have knew...

I reckon on there being no positives this year so the excuse will be for doing poorly after being target tested. The rider will claim that they had that much blood taken for samples that they were left weak ('hey normally we get to put it back in on the rest day in time for the mountain stages but these guys dont give it back')