When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 58 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 15, 2011
1,306
0
0
Hugh Januss said:
And over a course that was very light in TT's and extremely heavy in Mt top finishes. One 30K flat TT and Horner would still be 1:30 back and we probably wouldn't be having as much of this talk.
It would be completely different if he were 32, if he sat in his saddle from time to time, and if he wasn't racing against some of the best climbers in the world on the steep stuff. Purito/Valverde are potentially the best when it comes to the ultra steep.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
gustienordic said:
It would be completely different if he were 32, if he sat in his saddle from time to time, and if he wasn't racing against some of the best climbers in the world on the steep stuff. Purito/Valverde are potentially the best when it comes to the ultra steep.
Valvpiti is and always has been a freak show of doping, so be careful of the markers you use for your argument.
 
Juan Speeder said:
Spot on.

Here's something I have data on. In the state in which I live and race xc mtb, the two fastest guys are both 41, and I'm one of them. Myself and the other contender have battled back and forth for over the last 15 years and yet no young, up-and-comer has ever come close to our performance.

41 isn't old and I've not seen a drop in my performance due to my age.

I fully accept Chris Horner's performance as legit.
If by that you mean he legitimately doped to beat a bunch of other dopers then I totally agree.
 
ChewbaccaD said:
Dude, I used to get like 8 or 9 boners per day...now that's like maybe 8 or 9 per week in my mid-40's...performance declines in real people man, please help me out here, and ease my mind...you can't still have an 18 year old boner level.
Well now this is something I have real-honest-to-goodness factual data on. See, there's lotsa teens & 20-somethings here in my neck o the woods that get a lotsa boners. Now I'm not in m'40's quite yet, but I been around long enough to know I can still get as many boners as them young fellers. My peak boner isn't quite what it used to be but my boner recovery is still just fine and my boner endurance will put them to shame even w/out PED's.

Chris Boner's performance is legit
 
Nov 8, 2012
12,104
0
0
ChewbaccaD said:
Yep, I think the 2014 Tour de France just got interesting...

I just hope some other mutant shows up to kick Porte's a$$ in the Giro...If dopers gonna' dope, I hope it's not that d-bag who wins
Don't be too shocked if Papi does the Giro. Porte is no Nibali. Papi wins by minutes.
 
Nov 8, 2012
12,104
0
0
ChewbaccaD said:
Dude, I used to get like 8 or 9 boners per day...now that's like maybe 8 or 9 per week in my mid-40's...performance declines in real people man, please help me out here, and ease my mind...you can't still have an 18 year old boner level.
Help me out here... you saying Horner's on Viagra?
 
Aug 14, 2009
79
0
8,680
Hugh Januss said:
If by that you mean he legitimately doped to beat a bunch of other dopers then I totally agree.
No. I mean that he was well rested, well trained, and was the best athlete at the event.

If you feel the way you do, then why would you even pay attention to the sport?

I don't get folks like you.
 
May 27, 2012
6,458
0
0
Juan Speeder said:
No. I mean that he was well rested, well trained, and was the best athlete at the event.

If you feel the way you do, then why would you even pay attention to the sport?

I don't get folks like you.
You came on a section of the forum that is SOLELY about doping in cycling, and you are mystified by the fact that some here think Horner is doping...I don't get folks like you.
 
Juan Speeder said:
Spot on.

Here's something I have data on. In the state in which I live and race xc mtb, the two fastest guys are both 41, and I'm one of them. Myself and the other contender have battled back and forth for over the last 15 years and yet no young, up-and-comer has ever come close to our performance.

41 isn't old and I've not seen a drop in my performance due to my age.

I fully accept Chris Horner's performance as legit.
Sure, yet this does not correlate to Horner in anyway.
are you peaking at 41? No.

A 41 year old is beating some of the top EPO times of an era he RODE in , of an era he was young and healthy and if we believe what, let's be honest, EVERYONE is saying, an era where everyone was doping ( let's assume horner too, he did ride for lance and saunier duval so noone will complain ) .
Are we suggesting horner got clean, got old, trained hard for marginal gains, then suddenly became one of the top climbers in the world ( top 3 if we believe this vuelta)
 
Jun 15, 2009
8,530
1
0
lemoogle said:
Sure, yet this does not correlate to Horner in anyway.
are you peaking at 41? No.

A 41 year old is beating some of the top EPO times of an era he RODE in , of an era he was young and healthy and if we believe what, let's be honest, EVERYONE is saying, an era where everyone was doping ( let's assume horner too, he did ride for lance and saunier duval so noone will complain ) .
Are we suggesting horner got clean, got old, trained hard for marginal gains, then suddenly became one of the top climbers in the world ( top 3 if we believe this vuelta)
Amen... but some guys still don´t get it. Just have a look in the RR-Thread.
 
Oct 1, 2010
41
0
0
Vayer on Horners Vuelta:

Antoine VAYER ‏@festinaboy 6 t

#vuelta 5 Radars > 30'. Horner's average:420 watts Etalon! MIRACULOUS. PBlancas:415 ,Hazallanas:439,Gallina: 409,Peyresourde:413,Angliru:422
http://twitter.com/festinaboy/status/378912477536219137

So except for Hazallanas a 41 year old rider who was supposed to fade in the 3 week because of his age put out his strongest performance of the Vuelta on the Angliru. You can't make it up.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS