• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When is the smackdown on Chris Horner?

Page 180 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Please try harder to be objective. Just explain Chris's level at Lotto then the level he had riding at Radioshack when he was dropping his former team leader? Remember he wasn't young even at Lotto.
Not even just Evans but after joining RadioShack he was riding better then Levi, Klöden, Zubeldia, and better then the other 5 that came over from Astana and trying to give Contador a run for his money a few times.

Edit: 8 not 5

Last edited:
Reactions: Cookster15
Not even just Evans but after joining RadioShack he was riding better then Levi, Klöden, Zubeldia, and better then the other 5 that came over from Astana and trying to give Contador a run for his money a few times.
Yeh, I must admit I breathed a sigh of relief when Horner crashed out early in the 2011 TdF. I doubt he could beaten Cadel that year but who knows. In any case as you have made clear there was a huge and unexplained step up in moving to RadioShack. So here we are asking unanswered questions 8 years after that Vuelta which also signalled the end of his career.

Likeable guy, unlike Armstrong, but ….

Yeh, I must admit I breathed a sigh of relief when Horner crashed out early in the 2011 TdF. I doubt he could beaten Cadel that year but who knows. In any case as you have made clear there was a huge and unexplained step up in moving to RadioShack. So here we are asking unanswered questions 8 years after that Vuelta which also signalled the end of his career.

Likeable guy, unlike Armstrong, but ….
The tour we were robbed of with the crashes! Evans vs Contador vs Schlecks no crashes with Wiggins, Kloden/Horner/Levi, Vino, JVDB, Gesink fighting Basso, Samu, Peraud, Rolland, Cunego, Voeckler, and Danielson. Without that Peraud's 2nd place would be even more suprising.
We were robbed that year, 2014, and 2006.

Clinicians do your job........how can it be that a guy who has been a pro for 24 years, last raced 8 years ago and you guys can't nail him yet?

How many tests, how many investigations, how many years is it going to take?

Jeez, even Travis took a shot at him and couldn't bust him, but he kept trying years after he was done.

God forbid is it possible he was clean?
I remember QUITE A FEW FOLKS claiming this about Wonderboy too, and how long did it take for them to bust him?

I’ve never watched his YouTube channel, but I always thought he was a good listen in interviews. He wasn't as stereotypical in his responses.
He does race replays and calls everyone "knuckleheads" who doesn't win and sometimes the guys who win too. But he tells the most outstanding Cadel Evans stories. Its 10 times better than anything NBC has ever tried to do.

Reactions: saunaking
He has more subs than cyclocross worlds has views on youtube he must be doing something right
Funny quote about his obvious overuse of " knucklehead ". He brings some racing basics to his channel( butterfly effect) I was surprised that Aussie broadcasters didn't see the same quality in Robbie McEwan..

The bizarre part of these wait and see threads, where the process is from a fantasy,were blood or urine from a non winning Radio Shack or Lotto rider is analyzed..
And then as far as Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot theory..in a few years old movie, Slaying the Badger about Hinault and Lemond, Greg and his wife both say matter a factly about Fignon's drug use,both during and possibly after his racing career..why not analysis of that?
As curious, during all the soul searching video from everyone in Landis, Lance circles, Horner goes unmentioned?
That was a very common thread that I saw, spread the pain..spread the blame,w everyone in a hurry to name names as to look average..
So why did none of those guilty athletes not choose to include Horner as a data point to reinforce that " everyone was doing it "?
It looks like for some, indefinitely waiting for the shoe to drop is okay..
I always enjoy watching Tyler Hamilton describe what he sees as a quality.. " I had to move on " I agree with him it's a quality..and the waiting mob is filled with knuckleheads.

Reactions: jmdirt and Pontiac
Funny quote about his obvious overuse of " knucklehead ". He brings some racing basics to his channel( butterfly effect) I was surprised that Aussie broadcasters didn't see the same quality in Robbie McEwan..

The bizarre part of these wait and see threads, where the process is from a fantasy,were blood or urine from a non winning Radio Shack or Lotto rider is analyzed..
And then as far as Loch Ness monster or Bigfoot theory..in a few years old movie, Slaying the Badger about Hinault and Lemond, Greg and his wife both say matter a factly about Fignon's drug use,both during and possibly after his racing career..why not analysis of that?
As curious, during all the soul searching video from everyone in Landis, Lance circles, Horner goes unmentioned?
That was a very common thread that I saw, spread the pain..spread the blame,w everyone in a hurry to name names as to look average..
So why did none of those guilty athletes not choose to include Horner as a data point to reinforce that " everyone was doing it "?
It looks like for some, indefinitely waiting for the shoe to drop is okay..
I always enjoy watching Tyler Hamilton describe what he sees as a quality.. " I had to move on " I agree with him it's a quality..and the waiting mob is filled with knuckleheads.
Yes but do you enjoy the stories about Cadel?

Chris revealed today he was due a $150,000 bonus if he won the 2012 Tour of California while riding for RadioShack.
Unfortunately for him he finished 8th - 2mins 49secs behind winner Robert Gesink.
He claimed the biggest reason for failing to challenge was losing 2mins 11secs to Gesink on a brutal Bakersfield TT in 100˚ heat.

Reactions: Amazinmets87

TRENDING THREADS