• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

When will Rujano come out of retirement?

When will Rujano return?

• Vino (say below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He's only 31. I believe there is exactly a 0% chance of him staying retired permanently (barring a clinic-based suspension and even then I'd only give him a 20% of staying retired forever). They always come back (except for Barry Sanders). And by coming back, I mean racing professionally at any level.

Remember to keep the discussion as clinic-free as possible. I'd like this to stay in this section.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
As once Harmon said: "Rujano is a mercurial rider." :D (maybe mercurial as a whole) :rolleyes:So I really don't tend to give his hasty talks much of weight. :eek:

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Given that he is not retiring until Feb. 2014, I'd go for option 1 or 2. Depends if Vacansoleil let him race again this year, otherwise it'll be the Vuelta a Tachira in January (unless Savio selects him for the Worlds).

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
Rujano:
My goal is to take over the reins of the Federación Venezolana de Ciclismo [Venezuelan Federation of Cycling] to give prominence to all those who make their living in this sport, including the athletes, associations, commissaires and technical directors

If successful, the 31 year old wants to move into the position this year

Source

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
rujano says he bwill go for 4th win in tachira in january and then retire to become federation director. rujano is a big star in venezuela so who knows what will happen. at least he'd be going for youth while savio is more interested in his own riders all the time, preferably from torino