• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Whereabouts (non-cycling)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dutch

A 13(!) year old Dutch girl is suspended from speed-skating races because she had to fill in whereabouts for every day and she did not want to/her parents did not give permission.
One of the reasons for this measure is that her brother (also a speed skater) is in an investigation for an extremely high Nandrolon value. Since she is in the same household they feel this is just.

Is this going to far? Apart from the obvious age issue.
Can authorities now officially say that if Frank is a Fuentes customer Andy must also be? Is Cavendish a dope dealer because his brother was in some kind of trouble?

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
apart from the age issue: fair game, i appreciate that they look for signs which indicate doping

about the age issue: i have no clue about who she is, but if she wants to be a pro athlete, she will have to follow the rules for pro athletes. if she's a dirty stopout and her parents don't want anyone to know, too bad for her career

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
workingclasshero said:
apart from the age issue: fair game, i appreciate that they look for signs which indicate doping

about the age issue: i have no clue about who she is, but if she wants to be a pro athlete, she will have to follow the rules for pro athletes. if she's a dirty stopout and her parents don't want anyone to know, too bad for her career

That age issue is a tough one. Especially when you consider how young some serious money-making tennis players and gymnasts can be. You know stage door parents are sometimes a bigger problem than the kids. Interesting situation because, on one hand the testing could represent a protection measure for the girl against possible abuse. She wouldn't have been the first youngster given drugs without knowledge or consent.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
Dutch

A 13(!) year old Dutch girl is suspended from speed-skating races because she had to fill in whereabouts for every day and she did not want to/her parents did not give permission.

Maybe I should get my 13 year old daughter into speed skating. At least then I would not have to worry about worry she has been.

A

Anonymous

perfectly fair.. if not she can basically dope until she has to fill out the forms by which time her body has developed to a point where she has unfair advantages on other competitors...

13.. she should still be playing in the playground and doing her school work anyway..

workingclasshero said:

+1. Agreed on everything you said. No further comments needed.

TRENDING THREADS