• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who are the 'Riders' in the documents?

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Am a lurker and this has dragged me out of the wilderness....

This should be a good one, can we pull together a list of the named 'Riders' in all the various affidavits that have been posted?

We know the USPS riders, but surely this is going to blow open a massive can of worms as there's many others ones named in here as being invovled - most of whom i doubt have ever admitted to their involvement, or taking of PEDS etc...

Any thoughts?

Clinic Confirmations:

Rider 1: Paolo Savoldelli
Rider 2: Viatcheslav Ekimov/Beltran/Rubiera
Rider 3: Adriano Baffi
Rider 4: Bobby Julich
Rider 5: Manuel Beltran/Ekimov/Rubiera
Rider 6: Jose Luis Rubiera/Ekimov/Beltran
Rider 7: Roberto Heras
Rider 8: Victor Hugo Pena
Rider 9: Matthew White
Rider 10: Jose Azevedo/Noval/Padrnos
Rider 11: Benjamin Noval/Azevedo/Padrnos
Rider 12: Pavel Padrnos/Azevedo/Noval
Rider 13: Chann Mcrae
Rider 14: Michael Rasmussen
Rider 15: Chris Horner
Rider 16: Yaroslav Popovych
Rider 17:
Rider 18:
Rider 19: Steffen Kjaergaard

Other 1: Emilio Magni
Other 2: Bjarne Riis
Other 3: Duffy ( or #5)
Other 4:
Other 5:
Other 6:
Other 7: Rick Crawford
Other 8: Geert Leinders
Other 9 - Johnny Weltz
Other 10 Jose Arenas
Other 11 Freddy Viane
Other 12 Loise Donald
Other 13 Geoff Brown
Other 14 - Thom Weisel
Other 15 - Mark Gorski
Other 16: Lapage or Demol (?)
Other 17: Andy Rihs
Other 18: Motoman

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Rider 4 - Julich, yup think thats a given.

just working on Rider 21 who roomed / lived with Floyd in Girona.

how do we make a sticky for the top of the thread that we can add to as we confirm* (in our own way of course).

Rider 19 comes from these 3: Michael Barry, Victor Hugo Peña, Steffen Kjaergaard.

Zabriskie wrote: "During the 2002 Vuelta my roommate was Rider-19. He began to feel badly and evetually dropped out of race. After Rider 19 had left competition, Johan Bruyneel came to the hotel room I had sharing with Rider-19 in which we had a small refrigerator and took out a box wrapped in black plastic."

Barry, Peña, Kjaergaar were only ones from USPostal, who did not finish the race. I guess he is not talking of Barry.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Von Mises said:
Rider 19 comes from these 3: Michael Barry, Victor Hugo Peña, Steffen Kjaergaard.

Zabriskie wrote: "During the 2002 Vuelta my roommate was Rider-19. He began to feel badly and evetually dropped out of race. After Rider 19 had left competition, Johan Bruyneel came to the hotel room I had sharing with Rider-19 in which we had a small refrigerator and took out a box wrapped in black plastic."

Barry, Peña, Kjaergaar were only ones from USPostal, who did not finish the race. I guess he is not talking of Barry.

Possibly Kjærgaard by the length of the name and parts of what looks like a j and a g under the blacked out bits.

Rider-1 - Paolo Salvodelli?

Danielsson: "Prior to the 2006 Giro d’Italia I asked Johan Bruyneel whether the team had an organized doping program for the 2006 Giro. Johan said “no” but that he thought Rider-1 had organized a system for obtaining EPO during the race.
89. I also spoke with Dr. Ferrari about obtaining EPO for the 2006 Giro. Rider 1 was also a client of Michele’s and Michele was also aware that had a system for obtaining EPO during the 2006 Giro.
90. I went to Rider-1 and asked him if he could help me with EPO for the race but he said that he had only enough for himself.
I discussed the situation with my teammate Rider-2 who was very upset
that the team did not have an organized program for this race."

Who is "Other-3" if it's not Marti? Transporting drugs for the team in 2007. Probably one of the DS? Demol, Yates or Eki, I go with the latter as further down he shouts "I will pay back anyone who ****s with me".

"Other-5" is a doctor working for them in 2007 who isn't Celeya.

I'd say Rider-16 is Popo.

Rider-15 will be hard to ID. Someone who did the TdS in 2005 (after an injury) and probably rode with LL at Astana in 2008. Horner I guess (5th and a stage win in 2005 TdS riding for Saunier Duval).

Also "Other-7" Levi's coach in his earlier years who sounded like a competent doping facilitator.

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Von Mises said:

kjaergaard it is

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Von Mises said:

Danielsson: "Prior to the 2006 Giro d’Italia I asked Johan Bruyneel whether the team had an organized doping program for the 2006 Giro. Johan said “no” but that he thought Rider-1 had organized a system for obtaining EPO during the race.
89. I also spoke with Dr. Ferrari about obtaining EPO for the 2006 Giro. Rider 1 was also a client of Michele’s and Michele was also aware that had a system for obtaining EPO during the 2006 Giro.
90. I went to Rider-1 and asked him if he could help me with EPO for the race but he said that he had only enough for himself.

that is 99% savoldelli. discover(m)y doping channels leader at the giro then.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Von Mises said:

Could be, or Rider-2 could be Salvodelli I guess.
The eight riders with Danielson at the 2006 Giro were, Salvoldelli, McCartney, Rubiera, White, Padrnos, Ekimov, Joachim and Beltran.

Rider-3 Adriano Baffi

Hamilton: „My roommate early in the season (1997) was the Italian professional Rider-3. Rider-3 had a centrifuge which he would use to check his hematocrit.“

Baffi was only italian at USPostal in 1997.

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Good stuff!

Not riders, but from Levi's affadavit:

"Other-7" is most likely Rick Crawford, his US coach in the early days (eg, http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...postal-team-director-american-levi-leipheimer).

"24. I was offered EPO in 1999 while on the Saturn team. The EPO was offered by Other-7, a cycling coach with whom I worked in 1999, 2000, and 2001."

"27. Other-7 put together my training plans and and instructed me when to use EPO. He also advised that I get a centrifuge to manage my hematocrit, and I did this."

Decanio on Crawford: "Then you have Tom Danielson on the team who basically came out of nowhere to dominate the racing scene from a struggling mountain bike racer to a grand tour rider with the help of Rick Crawford, a coach who has admitted to having his riders use blood spinners in the past in a heated email confrontation claiming, “Is that all you got?” When David Clinger told me in confidence that Crawford had asked him to purchase blood spinners to be used in conjunction with doping." (http://forums.roadbikereview.com/doping-forum/matt-decanio-doping-8143.html)

"Other-8" is probably Geert Leinders, no?

"47. I continued to use EPO while with Rabobank in 2002, 2003, and 2004, and was also assisted in using it by the Rabobank team doctor Other-8, from whom I purchased EPO."

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Also "Other-7" Levi's coach in his earlier years who sounded like a competent doping facilitator.

That's the one I'm curious about.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the apparent confirmation that it was indeed Crawford.