• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is auscyclefan94 and should he be banned?

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
I know BPC kept getting banned for derailing threads with his posts, so I am wondering about the user called auscyclefan94. It seems that because of this guy every single thread in this forum is turned into a Evans/BMC/AusCycling/mud-slinging-contest.

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
quarterpounder said:
I know BPC kept getting banned for derailing threads with his posts, so I am wondering about the user called auscyclefan94. It seems that because of this guy every single thread in this forum is turned into a Evans/BMC/AusCycling/mud-slinging-contest.

Perhaps he has an *** on his chin just like his beloved idol?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
quarterpounder said:

He's a cycling enthusiast who's proud of being an Aussie and has a man crush on evans. He's great for banter.

May 20, 2010
Visit site
slight detour

I am a Cadel fan...however I find the surfeit of Cadel fanship and bashing a worry...there is the basic thread that gets hijacked.

To everyone's loss :(

ACF shouldn't be banned. I'd rather a few fewer threads turned into Evans threads, but the same could apply to Gesink threads, Team Sky threads and Armstrong threads.

The problem when you hold to your belief so firmly is that you will leave yourself open to ridicule. ACF's punishment for turning so many threads into Evans threads is that Evans doesn't win every single race like ACF hopes. That's probably sufficient.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
ACF shouldn't be banned. I'd rather a few fewer threads turned into Evans threads, but the same could apply to Gesink threads, Team Sky threads and Armstrong threads.

And then there are people who must absolutely use "TGBM" in every post

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Let the guy stay.

Variety of posters is what makes this forum kind of fun.

If you don't like his posts, they are easy enough to ignore or debunk.

Since Australia is one of the non-Euro nations that can claim being a cycling powerhouse, it is good that they have a passionate representative on this forum.

He might be delusional, biased, bored enough to post nearly every day, and clearly a lover of his countryman, but he will have less to post about now that Evans is out of the rainbow and is most likely past his prime as a GC contender.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
He's just a guy with a crush on one of his nation's best cyclists. Not so pathetic a crush that he has an avatar of a topless Cadel running on the boardwalk, but a strange crush nonetheless. He rises to Cadel-baiting too easily but of course he should not be banned. You'd have to ban the 15% of the forum who engage in give-and-take with him and then wouldn't this place be a bastion of free thought.

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I say ACF stays. There is nothing wrong with being young and passionate. He will be desillusioned and cynical like the rest of us soon enough.

So ACF gets his own official thread now. Folloiwing the likes of Lance, Contador, Samu, Vino, Schleck etc. I guess reffering to BMC as "we" all the time finaly payed off. They think hes a cyclist. ;)

Hes cool though. Fun to watch his passion for Cuddles and he doesnt hate me even though i take the p*** out of him. ;)

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
HL2037 said:
I say ACF stays. There is nothing wrong with being young and passionate. He will be desillusioned and cynical like the rest of us soon enough.

that's the progression for cycling fans -- from chamois worship to schadenfreude :D.

erader

A

Anonymous

I think this thread is out of order personally. Clearly breaks forum guidelines on insulting or demeaning other forum posters.

As such i think it should be closed and deleted. You got a problem with acf discuss it with him directly or discuss it with a mod. Dont create public threads about another forum member. If you have a problem on a particular thread or a particular post, use the report button.

Grow up!

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
quarterpounder said:

I think you are overreacting quite a bit. Evans has been in the WC jersey + Australia hosted the worlds this year...of course there’s going to be a lot of posting from ACF when lots of the topics concern his interests. You got 38 posts to your account….im not sure you are active enough to really call for a ban and neither am I. If a regular poster with +1000 posts would do it I could somewhat understand it….but this is just silly.

insideout leadout said:
I think you are overreacting quite a bit. Evans has been in the WC jersey + Australia hosted the worlds this year...of course there’s going to be a lot of posting from ACF when lots of the topics concern his interests. You got 38 posts to your account….im not sure you are active enough to really call for a ban and neither am I. If a regular poster with +1000 posts would do it I could somewhat understand it….but this is just silly.

lol

I have 1000 + posts. I didnt know we had special banning powers. :eek:

I demand that Kwibus be banned :p (nothing against him, just testing my banning powers and trying to have 1 less dutchie on the forum) :D

If this works im going to have to get out my cycling news forums enemies list.