• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is going to win Lanterne Rouge in Tour de France

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
RedheadDane said:
He 'wins' it in the sense that he remains in the race despite being horribly behind.

He'd have to be careful not getting into breakaways too much.
Dunno why but I kinda got reminded of something I read about the Giro when they had a special jersey for the last placed rider and these two guys would do all sorts of weird stuff to be last in the GC... :p

Later in his career Jacky was great at that. In the 1999 Tour he won the combativity award (http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/tour99/stage20other.html), but also took the Lanterne Rouge I think (http://autobus.cyclingnews.com/results/1999/tour99/stage20.html).

Funny note about the Giro GC fail antics. :D

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Bushman said:
Could be a youngster doing his first GT.

Don't think so. They lack the tactical nouse required to clinch it. The French don't win too much these days so I'll go for a heroic effort from Dumoulin.

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Kenny van Hummel lost 5kg and climbs with much more ease now. Was in the wielerland tour special.

People who voted for him are going to come home from a 'koude kermis' :eek:

Yes indeed. Though I wonder what the hell he's going to do in the sprints now. With that 5 kilo he couldn't come close to the top sprinters in a flat sprint. So now he'll be.. cheering for cav and kittel 100 meters farther back with the enthusiasm only cheerleaders can comprihend?