• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who is the best climber out of this group?

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I am doing a fantasy game and need some help.

Bauke Mollema, Chris Anker Sorensen, Nicolas Roche, Jerome Coppel, Steven Kruijswijk.

Thanks

May 20, 2010
Visit site
mwallack3 said:
I am doing a fantasy game and need some help.

Bauke Mollema, Chris Anker Sorensen, Nicolas Roche, Jerome Coppel, Steven Kruijswijk.

Thanks

Mollema followed by Roche, taking into consideration their condition at this TdF.

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
It would be a good idea to make a poll, to see what people who dont post think..

Of course Mollema, Coppel and Kruijswijk are young and so we dont know their limits but from what has been shown so far it is certainly Mollema due to his perfomance at the Vuelta last year amongst others.

Kruijswijk is pretty good and was very impressive in last week of giro last year and TDS etc.. He probably isnt at Mollema's standard just yeat but he is younger and can easily reach that. Coppel also havent seen enough of he went decently last year in the Tour but I dont think his climbing will ever be that strong.. CAS is a strong climber but not strong enough to go for top GC placings and likewise with Roche contrary to what he tries to mkae us believe.

Mollema, Kruisjwijk, Roche, CAS and Coppel in that order.

Roche was impressive in the 2010 Vuelta but has not been grabbing the win as of late, whilst Mollema and Kruisjwijk are both young, consistently place at most races and went well in GT's last year.
CAS is a great climber on his day and might be in the polka dots by Paris. Coppel is good but better at ITT's.

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion Kruisjwijk is the best climber, he is very young and proved that he can be very strong last year, especially in long and though stages.
I see Mollema instead more as a puncheur than a climber.

Peccio89 said:
In my opinion Kruisjwijk is the best climber, he is very young and proved that he can be very strong last year, especially in long and though stages.
I see Mollema instead more as a puncheur than a climber.
I agree. These first finishes were tailor made for Mollema, La Planche des Belles Filles will also suit him I think. On the longer climbs I expect Kruijswijk to outperform him (barring bad luck of course).