• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will pull the best Aru imitation after the rest day?

So Aru was on a clear downward path off the podium at this year's Giro, before suddenly turning into Pantani, winning two stages and usurping even his teammate's second place.

What can we expect our TDF players to risk during Refill Day?

1. Froome - that would be simply unnecessary. It would be like adding a firework to a thermonuclear explosion.
2. Clentadoppucci - sugar levels would get back to "normal" and he would have that "zing" in his pedal stroke. Verbiers anyone?
3. TJVG - might be able to accelerate while climbing, and stop that awkward crouched bobbing whenever he does actually get out of his seat?
4. Quintana - what could he possibly take now that he didn't take while hidden out of competition for two months pre-tour?
5. Nibbles - it's Astana, for gods sakes... Need we say more?

Pinot - yes, my dear Pinot - no wonder he was pissed that things went so badly after he risked EVERYTHING in his preparation (RaceRadio suggesting he had been visited by night vampires).
Talansky - oh dear, Garmin clearly have no idea how to dope to get any actual results...

I'm left hoping Dan Martin pulls out a stage win and that Barguil gets a top ten...

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Big Doopie said:
So Aru was on a clear downward path off the podium at this year's Giro, before suddenly turning into Pantani, winning two stages and usurping even his teammate's second place.

What can we expect our TDF players to risk during Refill Day?

1. Froome - that would be simply unnecessary. It would be like adding a firework to a thermonuclear explosion.
2. Clentadoppucci - sugar levels would get back to "normal" and he would have that "zing" in his pedal stroke. Verbiers anyone?
3. TJVG - might be able to accelerate while climbing, and stop that awkward crouched bobbing whenever he does actually get out of his seat?
4. Quintana - what could he possibly take now that he didn't take while hidden out of competition for two months pre-tour?
5. Nibbles - it's Astana, for gods sakes... Need we say more?

Pinot - yes, my dear Pinot - no wonder he was pissed that things went so badly after he risked EVERYTHING in his preparation (RaceRadio suggesting he had been visited by night vampires).
Talansky - oh dear, Garmin clearly have no idea how to dope to get any actual results...

I'm left hoping Dan Martin pulls out a stage win and that Barguil gets a top ten...

A Froome guy clowning on another rider's pedaling style? How rich!

Re:

AICA ribonucleotide said:
Movistar usually wait until the final rest day to do this on the tour.
Agree, Refill day is usually after the 2nd week and probably on 2nd rest day. A lot of riders are caught during that period. No body has been as horribly dropped like Aru so far. They have only lost time due to others reasons. Will have to wait for 2nd week.

Re: Re:

IndianCyclist said:
AICA ribonucleotide said:
Movistar usually wait until the final rest day to do this on the tour.
Agree, Refill day is usually after the 2nd week and probably on 2nd rest day. A lot of riders are caught during that period. No body has been as horribly dropped like Aru so far. They have only lost time due to others reasons. Will have to wait for 2nd week.
I don't know... Quintana has a lot of time to make up. He'll need to drop Froome on every mountain top finish to make up the two minutes if we assume he'll gain about half a minute on each.

Getting a bag or two on board the day before the first MTF could be key to getting him back in the race.

A Froome guy clowning on another rider's pedaling style? How rich!

Lol. Educate yourself. Not a froome guy. Never have been. Find a single post of mine supporting froome. Lol. All u clentadopologists believe that anyone who thinks your lying fraud should have been kicked out of cycling a long time ago MUST be a froome fan.

How myopic.

TRENDING THREADS