• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win 2014 Giro di Lombardia?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win la classica delle foglie morte?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
Voted Conty as I want him to seal up the WT. Would also be a nice season's end and motivator for Gilbert who this year is finally starting to show gleams of his old self.

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Ill go with Dan Martin if he can stay upright on his bike, His luck has to change at some stage. been rideing very strong this year but for all the crashes. 2nd in fleche, would have won LBL but for the final corner crash and would have podiumed lombardia again last year only for another crash.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Oh wait, I didn't realize Betancur was riding. What is the weather forcast? If it's cold, he might do well, because his fat should help him stay warm. :)

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Purito will win this ofcourse. Lombardia is his race, he's got the team and the legs to do it.

(Hey, you must have a little hope, don't you?;))

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
grizzlee said:
we will never know, but Dan has a pretty good sprint and had a good lead. I dont like Gerrans so im probably a bit biased.:)

lemon cheese cake said:
I agree. Just look at stage 4 of the Vuelta when Micheal Matthews beat him. He held Matthews off till the last corner.

it depends on how much they had expended (re:Martin) and how much was left in the tank. I cant remember those finishing ramps, their names that is, in Fleche and Liege, but if you dont time it with the punch still in your legs, you can lose a humdred metres in the last 300 metres. I think Martin had around 50 metres. If he went early, he would have had trouble holding off.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
Valverde biggest favourite.

Kwiatek or Gilbert if Valverde doesn't win.

Will Gerrans ride? edit: Apparently not. A shame, I think he should give it a try.

edit2: Forgot Martin. A dark horse. 4th favourite for the win imo.
yeah i am disappointed Gerro will not be riding. Netserk is that Brett Lancaster?

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
heart: Contador with a long attack while the "favourites" just look at each other until it is too late.

head: Valverde gets his tactics right, outsprints a select group of 4 or 5.

who I put money on: Gilbert. Long odds for a guy who's won the race twice and looked fit at the world's.