• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Amstel Gold Race?

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

And the winner will be...

• Other (Ulissi, Dani Moreno, Gesink...)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
greenedge said:
:mad:

Well it's hard as a young rider who has early success, to then match those (really high) expectations. He also had to ride for Nibali and Basso at Liquigas (maybe not that relevant). In 2011 he came 6th (5th with Contador's suspension ) at the Giro and in 2012 3rd at T-A and then won a stage at the Giro. Sure he didn't get on the podium as most of us expected, but still...

He'd also came 4th at the 2011 LBL- so they should have:p

They should have,but nobody never ever mentioned Kreuziger as a contender or favourite in any classic.He wasnt one of them,now,he is.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Then you are probably a bit dumb.You said he was doing pretty good before that race and what im tryin to explain you lol is that he just wasnt:eek:.He didnt live up to expectations years before at all and he wasnt taken seriously by other classics oponnents, simple as that.

Look, we don't need to offend each other, do we? I'm not going to say that you can't read or some similar nonsense ;)
Just to be clear that you understand what I was talking about - Hitch said that he was scraping top tens in stage races what clearly wasn't true as I've proved. I wasn't saying he was doing good and I wasn't saying he was doing bad, I just stated his results which were better than Hitch thought. That was my point. I wasn't talking about if he was GT considered classic or GT winner, that's why I didn't understand why are you talking about that.

I agree that he didn't live up to expectations - especially if ones expectations were too high. Otherwise he's doing pretty well.
Anyway, his opponents made mistake. Maybe just because they didn't know his previous results and underestimated him - same as you or Hitch didn't.

You are just proing that you don't follow him and thus you are talking nonsense.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Look, we don't need to offend each other, do we? I'm not going to say that you can't read or some similar nonsense ;)
Just to be clear that you understand what I was talking about - Hitch said that he was scraping top tens in stage races what clearly wasn't true as I've proved. I wasn't saying he was doing good and I wasn't saying he was doing bad, I just stated his results which were better than Hitch thought. That was my point. I wasn't talking about if he was GT considered classic or GT winner, that's why I didn't understand why are you talking about that.

I agree that he didn't live up to expectations - especially if ones expectations were too high. Otherwise he's doing pretty well.
Anyway, his opponents made mistake. Maybe just because they didn't know his previous results and underestimated him - same as you or Hitch didn't.

You are just proing that you don't follow him and thus you are talking nonsense.

Me and (I believe Hitch too) know his performances from all his classics and GT's, I follow all significant riders from beginning of their careers as I bet on cycling a lot,actually I recall I made solid money on his podium place in San Sebastian in 2009 iirc.I underestimated him in 2013 tho,Saxo move was really good for him.

BigMac said:
I don't think Kreuziger was the strongest.

You think that had it come to a sprint up the Cauberg against the likes of Valverde, Gilbert, Gerrans and the others, or a select group sprinting to the finish line, Kreuziger would have won?

Can't see how he was the strongest (just my opinion).

Well, if it's any indication of strength, Kreuziger did hold his lead of about 30sec against a chasing/flying Gilbert and actually lost less than 10sec on the climb itself. Surely he wouldn't have won a sprint against Valverde/Gerrans if he had just stayed with them, but with the legs he had that day, he would have been a decisive factor in the finale

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Me and (I believe Hitch too) know his performances from all his classics and GT's, I follow all significant riders from beginning of their careers as I bet on cycling a lot,actually I recall I made solid money on his podium place in San Sebastian in 2009 iirc.I underestimated him in 2013 tho,Saxo move was really good for him.

Maybe you know Kreuziger's results but you don't know what's behind them.
I agree it was because I don't like arrogant Vinokurov and all the Astana team is strange one. As I said before they made bad racing programme for Kreuziger in 2012 and that was their mistake. They overloaded him with racing days until Giro - all races he rode as leader, full gas (probably because there was no one else able to do some result). Then, when he rode Giro and had really bad day, team scolded at him, Martinelli openly. And prior that they didn't support him. On the contrary they made him fight for leadership with Tiralongo (what later showed as really bad decision when Tira caught huge loss on 19th stage). And not a word that they made a mistakes. They made Kreuziger responsible for everything.
You are saying that his GTs were pretty poor and in the same sentence you are saying that Giro was pretty good. That I don't understand. He rode only two GT's in Astana as a leader and one of them was pretty good. So he wasn't that bad.
I don't get why you are talking for Hitch. Obviously he was wrong, that may happen. Hitch was talking about stage races, not only GT's. Stage race is teram superior to GT.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Maybe you know Kreuziger's results but you don't know what's behind them.
I agree it was because I don't like arrogant Vinokurov and all the Astana team is strange one. As I said before they made bad racing programme for Kreuziger in 2012 and that was their mistake. They overloaded him with racing days until Giro - all races he rode as leader, full gas (probably because there was no one else able to do some result). Then, when he rode Giro and had really bad day, team scolded at him, Martinelli openly. And prior that they didn't support him. On the contrary they made him fight for leadership with Tiralongo (what later showed as really bad decision when Tira caught huge loss on 19th stage). And not a word that they made a mistakes. They made Kreuziger responsible for everything.
You are saying that his GTs were pretty poor and in the same sentence you are saying that Giro was pretty good. That I don't understand. He rode only two GT's in Astana as a leader and one of them was pretty good. So he wasn't that bad.
I don't get why you are talking for Hitch. Obviously he was wrong, that may happen. Hitch was talking about stage races, not only GT's. Stage race is teram superior to GT.

Yeah,I agree Astana is not a good team for a rider like him (almost for nobody:D).Again ,(i dont want to look rude) but I do know all this stuff,I follow riders website and he wrote it there, so.

bolded: I wrote word tho=though (in czech it means "presto" or nicmenne"),I assume you are czech as u are his fanboy:)
I meant it was a decent Giro,almost up to his expections.Still it was only GT from 2008-2013 that he had a good result.Tour 2013 changed everything:cool:

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Yeah,I agree Astana is not a good team for a rider like him (almost for nobody:D).Again ,(i dont want to look rude) but I do know all this stuff,I follow riders website and he wrote it there, so.

bolded: I wrote word tho=though (in czech it means "presto" or nicmenne"),I assume you are czech as u are his fanboy:)
I meant it was a decent Giro,almost up to his expections.Still it was only GT from 2008-2013 that he had a good result.Tour 2013 changed everything:cool:
Another GT's where I think he had pretty good results - TdF 2008 12th (he was freshly 22 years old), TdF 2009 8th, TdF 2010 8th. Considering his young age and lack of team support he was doing pretty well. He's still 27 years old so those who were speaking about that he was bust probably didn't know what they are speaking about.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Kokoso said:
Another GT's where I think he had pretty good results - TdF 2008 12th (he was freshly 22 years old), TdF 2009 8th, TdF 2010 8th. Considering his young age and lack of team support he was doing pretty well. He's still 27 years old so those who were speaking about that he was bust probably didn't know what they are speaking about.

Its a thing of expectations,me and lot of others had them too high,it was a mistake to compare him with Schleck or Nibali coz it looks like his peak will be later than the peak of these two cyclist.

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Its a thing of expectations,me and lot of others had them too high,it was a mistake to compare him with Schleck or Nibali coz it looks like his peak will be later than the peak of these two cyclist.

Or maybe it never comes as high as some expect.