• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win Strade Bianche 2015 ?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Who will win Strade Bianche 2015 ?

• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
Arredondo to surprise just like the year that Moser surprised us.

It would be waaay bigger surprise than Moser. Moser was pretty good one-day rider back in 2013. Anyway, Arredondo will not finish even in top 20

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
bala v said:
It would be waaay bigger surprise than Moser. Moser was pretty good one-day rider back in 2013. Anyway, Arredondo will not finish even in top 20

arredondo had much better results in his first year in classics than moser ever did :rolleyes:

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Seems its very windy today according to initial reports on the womens race.

This could be a cracker of a race :)

Just stuck a few quid on Boom and Stannard e/w

Ryo Hazuki said:
arredondo had much better results in his first year in classics than moser ever did :rolleyes:

It depends on what you categorize as a classic. Moser certainly had way better results in one day races in his first pro season than Arredondo had in his first pro season, and I'd agree that Arredondo winning this year would be a way bigger surprise than Moser winning in 2013.

Ryo Hazuki said:
he isn't riding
egg%20on%20your%20face.gif

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
It depends on what you categorize as a classic. Moser certainly had way better results in one day races in his first pro season than Arredondo had in his first pro season, and I'd agree that Arredondo winning this year would be a way bigger surprise than Moser winning in 2013.

classics are races like fleche wallonne and lbl :rolleyes:

Ryo Hazuki said:
classics are races like fleche wallonne and lbl :rolleyes:

Moser won Rund um den Henninger-Turm and Trofeo Laigueglia and finished second in GP de Montreal in his debut season. And although they're not classics per se, these results are certainly way better than anything Arredondo produced.

Moser was one of the favorites for the 2013 Strade Bianche. Arredondo in 2015? Not so much.

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Ryo Hazuki said:

I didnt mention classics, i said one-day races, and I said Moser was good at them back then. And even now he is better at them than Arredondo

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
bala v said:
I didnt mention classics, i said one-day races, and I said Moser was good at them back then. And even now he is better at them than Arredondo

and your proof is? last years results of arredondo alone were better in classics or one day races

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
While it will be difficult to argue Arredondo has better results in one day races than Moser, we shouldn't forget in what fashion Arredondo got his 25th place in LBL. IIRC Arredondo was attacking like a madman together with Pozzovivo until deep in the finale of LBL, so his 25th place doesn't really reflect the strength for hilly one day races he displayed there.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Sorry, I thought the finish line was what mattered in cycling, not stupid attacks. :rolleyes:

Well if you compare success it's only about the finish line obviously, however if you want to see how strong somebody is, it would be pretty silly to ignore how he raced.

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Netserk said:
Raw strength isn't worth much without a brain. Moser certainly has more in that department.

Yeah, that seems to be the case indeed.

Also, I forgot to say this, but obvious Betancur win is obvious. ;)

I don't understand why he's not in the poll :confused::p

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hugo Koblet said:
But you said last year's results. Results aside, you honestly think that Arredondo in 2014 was better than the best we've seen from Moser?

yes. what arredondo showed in real classics was far more impressive imo than what moser did

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
Moser is a talking horse,done nothing for two years,admits himself he needs to get back on track,until he starts winning again he'll be perenially classed as an underachiever.

TRENDING THREADS