• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who will win the Dauphiné?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

To win outright:

• Other (JCP, Keldermerckx, Julian Alaphilippe...)

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Talansky

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • The Great Bauke Mollema

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Rui Costa

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Teeejaaay van Garderen

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Chris Froome

Votes: 66 51.2%
  • Purito Rodríguez

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • Vincenzo Nibali

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Alejandro Valverde

Votes: 31 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: Re:

Cance > TheRest said:
pink_jersey said:
Arredondo said:
Squirbos_19 said:
Arredondo said:
I see there is no TT. Forgot about that.

Purito to show Valverde is just a average rider ;)

Exactly what I'm hoping for too. He may hide his form a bit ahead of the tour like he did in 2013 and go for 1-2 stages. I can see him winning this if he really goes for it and doesn't lose too much in the TTT, I hope he chooses this option.

Me too. My dream is that he arrives in 100% shape to this race. Then he will win it. Then he will likely have a good first week in the Tour, before falter a little bit in the third week and finish 4th-6th place.

But i rather win Dauphine + 4th place Tour then 3rd place in the Tour alone. He already has got a podium in the Tour. Winning Dauphine would be great for his palmares.

Don't forget that he also has Vuelta in mind...He will not be at his best here.He will follow the same patern like in 2013.
I was under the impression that Rodriguez was in absolute top shape under the 2013 Tour, as that was his main goal of the season.

I was strictly reffering at Dauphine.In 2013, Purito was average in Dauphine.

Re:

Velolover2 said:
Let's bet on the stage wins:

Stage 1: Valverde
Stage 2: Felline
Stage 3: Etixx
Stage 4: Edvald
Stage 5: Alaphilippe
Stage 6: Valverde
Stage 7: Froome
Stage 8: Rodríguez

Stage 1 Gerrans
Stage 2 Bouhanni
Stage 3 Sky
Stage 4 Bouhanni
Stage 5 Purito
Stage 6 Alaphillipe
Stage 7 Froome
Stage 8 Adam Yates

del1962 said:
Velolover2 said:
Let's bet on the stage wins:

Stage 1: Valverde
Stage 2: Felline
Stage 3: Etixx
Stage 4: Edvald
Stage 5: Alaphilippe
Stage 6: Valverde
Stage 7: Froome
Stage 8: Rodríguez

Stage 1 Gerrans
Stage 2 Bouhanni
Stage 3 Sky
Stage 4 Bouhanni
Stage 5 Purito
Stage 6 Alaphillipe
Stage 7 Froome
Stage 8 Adam Yates

Didn't saw that Bouhanni was there. Then I'd like to change my vote. Bouhanni for stage 2, I think stage 4 is more suited for a breakaway.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I know you're not predicting him to win, merely wishing it, but Alaphilippe? This isn't the the Tour of California. There are stronger GC riders here than Peter Sagan.

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
I hope that Valverde will add a third Dauphiné at his already very impressive palmares. But it could ery hard to beat Froome who will want to show he is still the best for the Gc.

As usual Froome has to win it otherwise Le Tour looks bad for him. If he's not up to it Purito is a candidate. Nibali top 5. I don't think Valverde will be in great shape yet. Even if these guys are not in top form, I don't think others can really win this race.

Jspear said:
Rollthedice said:
As usual Froome has to win it otherwise Le Tour looks bad for him. If he's not up to it Purito is a candidate. Nibali top 5. I don't think Valverde will be in great shape yet. Even if these guys are not in top form, I don't think others can really win this race.

Great shape yet? Valverde is always in great shape. :p

Sorry, just had a look at last year pre-TdF. I had the impression he was not that good in Route du Sud but he actually finished second and after than he smashed the National Championships in Spain, first in ITT, second in RR which he gifted to Ion.

GC:
2 Tejay VAN GARDEREN BMC RACING TEAM 0:00:00
4 Vincenzo NIBALI ASTANA PRO TEAM 0:00:04
9 Alejandro VALVERDE MOVISTAR TEAM 0:00:05
14 Julian ALAPHILIPPE ETIXX-QUICK STEP 0:00:18
24 Christopher FROOME TEAM SKY 0:00:35
27 Andrew TALANSKY TEAM CANNONDALE-GARMIN 0:00:43
28 Daniel MARTIN TEAM CANNONDALE-GARMIN 0:00:43
29 Rui COSTA LAMPRE - MERIDA 0:00:48
45 Wilco KELDERMAN TEAM LOTTO NL - JUMBO 0:00:54
51 Romain BARDET AG2R LA MONDIALE 0:01:00
53 Jean-Christophe PERAUD AG2R LA MONDIALE 0:01:00
58 Joaquim RODRIGUEZ TEAM KATUSHA 0:01:05
63 Pierre ROLLAND TEAM EUROPCAR 0:01:08

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site
Hi Cineteq, nice to see you ;)

Valverde in good position but Froome will need to make a point this race.

Nibs need do nothing...yet.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Brullnux said:
jalep said:

Nibali will do nothing.

Let me clarify. Nibali will do nothing in Dauphine.
My opinion: he will be in contention at the Tour; not saying he will win. I understand perfectly the feelings about Nibs on this forum :rolleyes:

jalep said:
Brullnux said:
jalep said:

Nibali will do nothing.

My opinion: he will be in contention at the Tour; not saying he will win. I understand perfectly the feelings about Nibs on this forum :rolleyes:
Oh no sorry I misunderstood completely. :rolleyes: I agree Nibali will be up there in the Tour, maybe not win it. I am actually a fan and love it when he wins races, especially when he is aggressive.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Brullnux said:
jalep said:
Brullnux said:
jalep said:

Nibali will do nothing.

Oh no sorry I misunderstood completely. :rolleyes: I agree Nibali will be up there in the Tour, maybe not win it. I am actually a fan and love it when he wins races, especially when he is aggressive.

Cheers, Brullnux ;)

Just introduced myself on the new member forum. (Not really a new member; log in troubles)

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site

jalep said:
Brullnux said:
jalep said:

Nibali will do nothing.

What's with that comment. We all know he's peaking only for the tour hence not dauphine.

You do know that most of the people in this forum at least like nibali? (some even love the guy) Well the old nibali, not this one who only cares about one race these days. Can't blame people for hating that transformation.

Jun 8, 2015
Visit site

Miburo said:
jalep said:
Brullnux said:
jalep said:

Nibali will do nothing.

What's with that comment. We all know he's peaking only for the tour hence not dauphine.

You do know that most of the people in this forum at least like nibali? (some even love the guy) Well the old nibali, not this one who only cares about one race these days. Can't blame people for hating that transformation.

Oh gee thanks for your reply, Miburo.

Understand completely, I think. Many here like Nibs, some love him, many more justly or unjustly, depending on opinion, underrate or resent him, not only for the transformation as you say, but for winning grand tour races based on luck.

Contador and Nibali fan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts