• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Who's your least liked rider?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I believe a true cycling supporter appreciates each and every rider for the work they have to deliver, so there is (at least for a true cycling supporter) no room for actually hating any of the guys, regardless what nationality or team he is riding for - even the caught cheaters are hard working, therefore even there any hate is inappropriate, it's rather that someone like that would no longer be a respectable member of the cycling world ....

however, there are riders which we like less than others ... so just name the rider you like least and let us know your reasoning why ...

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I'll make the start: my least liked rider at the moment is John Degenkolb ... to be fair it has nothing to do with John personally, I bet he is a very nice chap and hard working like anyone else in the pro-community .... the only reason is actually quite silly: the only TV-channel I get, which regularly covers cycling (apart from the very big events) is Eurosports in it's german version (unfortunately I can't switch to any other language) ... and one of the regular pundits there (a guy called Karsten something) seems to be a huge fan of Mr. Degenkolb and in each and every race where Giant Alpecin is lead by JD, JD seems to be the only rider worth any mentioning (and races where he doesn't participate are worth nothing, because without Big John there is no competition of any worth anyway) ... if there's a sprint it goes like "Yes, John Degenkolb pushing - Degenkolb will take it -, D E G E N K O O O L B - yes" - when the sprint is over it's: "(Sagan / Kristoff / whoever) won but John Degenkolb was so great once again, maybe he still is recovering (from this or that), a Degenkolb in good shape would have taken this easily ... and so on and so on"

extremely annoying, and makes you hope for anyone to win, but JD (which again, is clearly not JD's fault) ... if only modern TV's had a button with which you could switch of the sound of one particular of the pundits (the others on Eurosport (german version) are actually ok) ....

Re:

loge1884 said:
I'll make the start: my least liked rider at the moment is John Degenkolb ... to be fair it has nothing to do with John personally, I bet he is a very nice chap and hard working like anyone else in the pro-community .... the only reason is actually quite silly: the only TV-channel I get, which regularly covers cycling (apart from the very big events) is Eurosports in it's german version (unfortunately I can't switch to any other language) ... and one of the regular pundits there (a guy called Karsten something) seems to be a huge fan of Mr. Degenkolb and in each and every race where Giant Alpecin is lead by JD, JD seems to be the only rider worth any mentioning (and races where he doesn't participate are worth nothing, because without Big John there is no competition of any worth anyway) ... if there's a sprint it goes like "Yes, John Degenkolb pushing - Degenkolb will take it -, D E G E N K O O O L B - yes" - when the sprint is over it's: "(Sagan / Kristoff / whoever) won but John Degenkolb was so great once again, maybe he still is recovering (from this or that), a Degenkolb in good shape would have taken this easily ... and so on and so on"

extremely annoying, and makes you hope for anyone to win, but JD (which again, is clearly not JD's fault) ... if only modern TV's had a button with which you could switch of the sound of one particular of the pundits (the others on Eurosport (german version) are actually ok) ....

So the only reason your "least liked rider" is Degenkolb, is because of a commentator?

Status
Not open for further replies.