• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why Doesn't Phil 'The Voice of Cycling' Liggett Have His Own Thread?

Seriously.
I just did a search and could not believe 'Mr Cycling' does not have a thread.
Jaw-dropping in fact.
We all grew up with him!
I don’t believe your “we” applies to roughly half (or perhaps more) of forum participants since they live in Countries with a different primary language than English. The forum no longer includes the location of posters as it used too, you don’t have to read many race threads to glean that many of posts, and the most prolific posters, live in non-Anglo countries. So obviously thy didn’t grow up listening to Phil.

Reactions: Monte Serra
I don’t believe your “we” applies to roughly half (or perhaps more) of forum participants since they live in Countries with a different primary language than English. The forum no longer includes the location of posters as it used too, you don’t have to read many race threads to glean that many of posts, and the most prolific posters, live in non-Anglo countries. So obviously thy didn’t grow up listening to Phil.
Indeed, most people on this forum probably grew up with either Mart Smeets or Jörg Leth!

TRENDING THREADS