• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Why is every thread on here to do with Lance???

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Surely we could use a thread for Tom Zirbel's positive...? There are more interesting stories to do with doping that haven't been discussed enough?

Sep 11, 2009
Visit site
I do also feel we talk about him to much but with a constant stream of new members bringing a never ending stream of hype around LA, its hard not to reopen topics we have discussed 10 times over.

Love or hate Lance, you can`t ignore him.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Andrichuk said:
I do also feel we talk about him to much but with a constant stream of new members bringing a never ending stream of hype around LA, its hard not to reopen topics we have discussed 10 times over.

Love or hate Lance, you can`t ignore him.

He's still a fugitive from the law, isn't he?;)

When the case is closed, I'll stop talking about it.:D

Doesn't have anything at all to do with hating him though.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Why is every thread about Lance? Because people keep opening topics titled "why is everybody talking about Armstrong all the time?". That's why. If you don't make such a big deal out of it, it will go away eventually. This topic just helps to keep people talking about Armstrong.

auscyclefan94 said:
i'm just making the point that the same stuff is talked about in every thread.

There is hope. Better late than never. Now you just need to convince about 98% of the remaining posters wandering around in the dark. Nobody will take those odds. "same stuff" aka, over and over and over and over and over and over .......

A

Anonymous

SpeedWay said:
There is hope. Better late than never. Now you just need to convince about 98% of the remaining posters wandering around in the dark. Nobody will take those odds. "same stuff" aka, over and over and over and over and over and over .......

Have you ever noticed how you only post about issues surrounding either the posting about Armstrong or Armstrong himself? Don't answer, we already know.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
dajonker said:
Why is every thread about Lance? Because people keep opening topics titled "why is everybody talking about Armstrong all the time?". That's why. If you don't make such a big deal out of it, it will go away eventually. This topic just helps to keep people talking about Armstrong.

It will go away when JUSTICE is served.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dajonker said:

There is only 1 other thread which is hardly close to this topic. People were saying" why not make a lance area"? Well the clinic is just that. I think this forum will be a better place when justice is served and LA is out of cycling completely.

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
wtf is the point of this thread?

Shut it down mods, the sooner the better. And ban Rex while youre at it, enough with his/her bs, pages after pages, regardless what topic, no one wants to read it over and over again.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
This is a story about a young man who is seeking out an old and learned rabbi to be schooled in the wisdom of Hebraic logic.

The story goes that after a prolonged search the young man finally finds a suitable rabbi and asks if the rabbi would be willing to tutor him. But upon seeing this youth the rabbi simple smiles and says “You are too young and have too little life experience for the lessons I have to teach. Come back to me in ten years”.

But the young man is full of a confidence that borders on arrogance and so responds, “I may be young but I have already mastered Aristotelian logic and symbolic logic. Test me. Ask me any question you want and I will prov to you that I am ready.”

The rabbi thinks for a few moments and then chooses a question: “Two men descend a chimney. When they get to the bottom, one man’s face is covered in soot. Tell me, which one washes his face?”

In response the young man immediately says, “Why, that is easy. It would be the one with the soot on his face”.

In response the rabbi turns to leave saying, “Of course not. What are you thinking? It is the man without the soot who washes his face, for he sees his friend’s complexion and thinks that he too must be dirty”.

“Please don’t send me away” replies the young man. “Test me again. Any question at all”.

And so the rabbi thinks for a moment and then says “OK, listen carefully this time. Two men descend a chimney. When they get to the bottom, one man’s face is covered in soot. Tell me, which one washes his face?”

“Why the man without the soot on his face,” replies the young man.

Again the rabbi shakes his head, “You are not listening in the right way. It is obvious that it is the man with the soot on his face who washes. He sees the reaction of his friend upon reaching the ground, can taste the soot from his lips, and can feel it stinging his eyes. Now leave me in peace”

“Please”, replies the young man, “test me one last time, as I think I have it now”.

“One last time” replies the rabbi. “This time I want you to really listen. Two men descend a chimney. When they get to the bottom, one man’s face is covered in soot. Tell me, which one washes his face?”

“The first answer I gave” shouts the young man, “but for different reasons”.

“No, no, no” says the rabbi and he leaves. “They both wash their faces. How could someone descend a chimney and not think that their face would be covered in soot?”

“Here we encounter the idea that before the young man could ever begin training in the deep wisdom of the tradition he must first learn how to give up the desire to reduce truth to some single, defined, unchanging, propositional system. He must learn to dialogue, to debate, to rethink, to critique. Only then can he begin the journey toward a mode of religious understanding that goes deeper then epistemological insight–discovering a truth more profound than mere intellectual claims.”

- Peter Rollins: “The Fiderlity of Betrayal”

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
The easiest way to end a thread about Armstrong is to ignore that thread. I only ride for fun and exercise. Lance is a unique story and he has touched so many people who don't cycle.

tubularglue said:
This is a story about a young man who is seeking out an old and learned rabbi to be schooled in the wisdom of Hebraic logic.

This is a story about a godfather and his family steeped in the ancient lore of Omerta. Just his name, much less his image, brought his haters out from under their rocks time and time(and time and time and time) again. F-it, a picture is worth a thousand words.

52745379.jpg

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
burninglegs said:
The easiest way to end a thread about Armstrong is to ignore that thread. I only ride for fun and exercise. Lance is a unique story and he has touched so many people who don't cycle.

Why would we want to end a thread about Armstrong? Especially after the "sociopath" thread was prematurely terminated.

Funny how the sham attention is ok regarding sports "heroes," but anything more than superficial scrutiny is inappropriate.:eek:

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
TREK or whatever you call it.

Obvious,

People do not have a life

They are jelous

They feel he has mis represented himself and is a liar and a serial doper.

They are queer for Lance.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Why would we want to end a thread about Armstrong? Especially after the "sociopath" thread was prematurely terminated.

Funny how the sham attention is ok regarding sports "heroes," but anything more than superficial scrutiny is inappropriate.:eek:

superficial scrutiny??? your funny! we don't need 90% of the clinic to be based on lance armstrong. we look into la's motives, doping techniques etc enough as it is. definetly not superficial.

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
superficial scrutiny??? your funny! we don't need 90% of the clinic to be based on lance armstrong. we look into la's motives, doping techniques etc enough as it is. definetly not superficial.

Damn, I missed it. When was Strongarm stripped of his titles?

TRENDING THREADS