• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Why solicit feedback if you only ignore it?

Jun 16, 2009
3
0
0
Visit site
Having reviewed most of the posts, it is clear that they are overwhelmingly negative. My question is why are you soliciting feed back when you are clearly not listing to it or acting out it?

Let's face facts: the redesign is a colossal disaster. Please take some positive steps to changing the site back to the way it was so that you don't lose all of your loyal patrons. This site is about to become irrelevant.

I hope you actually listen and do something. But, I doubt you will. Someone will have to answer for this disaster and it is unlikely that anyone will.

Too bad.
 
I think they are listening to feedback. If this is like most situations like this, there is a metric buttload of issues that have to be resolved. Those issues are prioritized from most important to least important, and the most important ones are fixed first. Undoubtedly they are concentrating on issues of basic functionality first.

You guys throwing a hissy fit should give them time to fix things.
 
Jun 19, 2009
6
0
0
Visit site
I agree, the new site design is a disaster. I have just installed IE8, but that has not improved things. The results are still over two lines. In Firefox the results are on one line, which is better.

I want the old site design back. Obviously CN are not listening to us, the consumers. I wonder how many regulars they have lost. I'm only reading a fraction of the articles I used to.
 
May 29, 2009
2
0
0
Visit site
Remove the dark box with Flash generated pictures at the top of the home page. It is unnecessarily redundant and is a huge waste of space. It would be better to have everything below it move up.

Apart from that, I think I'm liking the redesign. I can quickly scan the text for items I'm interested in reading. (I don't have the patience for the Flash box)
 
Jun 16, 2009
24
0
0
Visit site
wow has it been 10 days?

i think teh CN guys are listening but it has only been 10 days since the new site has been up so would expect it might take a few more days to get it right (didnt daniel say it had been worked on for a year before last week?).
i look at this site like a new engine that needs to be run in for a bit. i bet bills original site took a chunk of time before it was right.
 
Jun 19, 2009
3
0
0
Visit site
They are not listening, they are homogenizing. Bike Radar is a flop and so they are trying to restart things by changing CN to mimic Bike Radar. Corporate genious at work.
 
noowee said:
Remove the dark box with Flash generated pictures at the top of the home page. It is unnecessarily redundant and is a huge waste of space. It would be better to have everything below it move up.

Apart from that, I think I'm liking the redesign. I can quickly scan the text for items I'm interested in reading. (I don't have the patience for the Flash box)
If you haven't already, please vote and comment on the particular issue of the flash box here:

http://forum.cyclingnews.com/showthread.php?t=1509
 
Jun 23, 2009
3
0
0
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I think they are listening to feedback. If this is like most situations like this, there is a metric buttload of issues that have to be resolved. Those issues are prioritized from most important to least important, and the most important ones are fixed first. Undoubtedly they are concentrating on issues of basic functionality first.

You guys throwing a hissy fit should give them time to fix things.

Thanks for or some signs of normality in this forum.
I tried to go for a ride after work the other night. They had changed the road! I had to make some dodgy detours to get to my destination.

Did I boycott the road? or the council?
Is bleating going to make the road change back?

The website has changed !
Get used to it, or go somewhere else!

Dont be fooled into thinking that negative comment on the forum means that the overall feeling is negative.

If something is acceptable or good, people don't comment.
Why would they?

Do people come up to you and say "Hey there isnt a piece of dried gravy on your chin?"

This is not the same website Bill Mitchell started in 1995. Its something completely different. You need to accept that. Times change.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BroDeal said:
I think they are listening to feedback. If this is like most situations like this, there is a metric buttload of issues that have to be resolved. Those issues are prioritized from most important to least important, and the most important ones are fixed first. Undoubtedly they are concentrating on issues of basic functionality first.

You guys throwing a hissy fit should give them time to fix things.
You're spot on with this.
 
Jun 26, 2009
14
0
0
Visit site
I hope the major problems will be dealt with before the Tour start in about a week. If not, CN's image will be hampered and a lot of regular visitors might go elsewhere. :eek:
 
May 16, 2009
6
0
0
Visit site
I think its notable that a bike radar head honcho decides to reply to a supportive comment, yet remains silent on pretty much every other issue raised multiple times in many threads and posts. Whilst i agree with the substance of the post by Brodeal, i think its a commonly held feeling and fact that the OVERWHELMINGLY negative response to the 'bikeradar-fication' of cyclingnews is being ignored. .
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Matt OBee said:
I think its notable that a bike radar head honcho decides to reply to a supportive comment, yet remains silent on pretty much every other issue raised multiple times in many threads and posts. Whilst i agree with the substance of the post by Brodeal, i think its a commonly held feeling and fact that the OVERWHELMINGLY negative response to the 'bikeradar-fication' of cyclingnews is being ignored. .
It is not really my place to address any issues dealing with the CN redesign as I'm only a peripheral part of their team. The CN editorial and development people are doing that.

But I did notice Brodeal's post and wanted to reiterate that I know changes and fixes are happening, but they take a while and are being prioritised. We had the same sorts of issues when BikeRadar was launched.

I'll stay out of it from now on :)