• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Cav get the Green Jersey if Petacchi goes down?

Petacchi is off to the Vuelta but he must be feeling some stress. Both he and his team mate Bernucci initially refused to answer police questions regarding the use of PFC and Human Albumin following the raids on the Girobio stage. The police also have doctor's records, taped phone calls, computer files etc. It seems that team mate Bernucci has now confessed. Obviously he was presented with some irrefutable evidence. Surely the end to Bernucci's career as a second time offender. While nothing was found in Petacchi's house, his name was in the system somewhere. You'd have to say things aren't looking good.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Petacchi is off the the Vuelta but he must be feeling some stress. Both he and his team mate Bernucci initially refused to answer police questions regarding the use of PFC and Human Albumin following the raids on the Girobio stage. The police also have doctor's records, taped phone calls, computer files etc. It seems that team mate Bernucci has now confessed. Obviously he was presented with some irrefutable evidence. Surely the end to Bernucci's career as a second time offender. While nothing was found in Petacchi's house, his name was in the system somewhere. You'd have to say things aren't looking good.

Sastre didn't get the climbers jersey after Kohl was caught in TdF 2008. If all of Petacchis results were removed and the points rewarded to the next in line Hushovd would get 2 more points than Cavendish in TdF 2010. If Petacchi loses the green jersey it probably wont be rewareded to anyone, I think.

neineinei said:
Sastre didn't get the climbers jersey after Kohl was caught in TdF 2008. If all of Petacchis results were removed and the points rewarded to the next in line Hushovd would get 2 more points than Cavendish in TdF 2010. If Petacchi loses the green jersey it probably wont be rewareded to anyone, I think.

That is some serious calculating you have done there, well done.

The Hitch said:
He didnt test positive during the tour though. Dont they usually only take away your results if you test positive during a competition?

Plenty of examples where they havent done but Valverde had all his results from this year taken away didnt he? Or is that different because he had already been banned in Italy?

Frosty said:
Valverde had all his results from this year taken away didnt he? Or is that different because he had already been banned in Italy?
I think that's because he appealed against a previous ban, so those results weren't taken away because he was doped but because he shouldn't have started those races in the first place. But I haven't been following his case too closely so I might be wrong.

Frosty said:
Plenty of examples where they havent done but Valverde had all his results from this year taken away didnt he? Or is that different because he had already been banned in Italy?

That was a less controversial decsion though, since he probably didnt mind giving those results away so that he could return quicker. 2nd Paris Nice 2nd Pais Vasco and 1st tour of romandie is very impressive but he probably didnt mind losing that so that he could return in 2011 and build up for the giro/ tour (and get to keep his vuelta)

The Hitch said:
He didnt test positive during the tour though. Dont they usually only take away your results if you test positive during a competition?

Bernucci didn't test positive either but he has ended up confessing. It makes me wonder what they had on him. And it makes me wonder what they have on Petacchi?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
That was a less controversial decsion though, since he probably didnt mind giving those results away so that he could return quicker. 2nd Paris Nice 2nd Pais Vasco and 1st tour of romandie is very impressive but he probably didnt mind losing that so that he could return in 2011 and build up for the giro/ tour (and get to keep his vuelta)

Just a question; so who was the winner of Romandie this year then? And the Tour of the Mediterranean? Because I haven't heard about any riders who have come forward to claim those titles. Just wondering.

Vonn Brinkman said:
Just a question; so who was the winner of Romandie this year then? And the Tour of the Mediterranean? Because I haven't heard about any riders who have come forward to claim those titles. Just wondering.

Spillak won Romandie, LLs gets second in Paris Nice, someone gets 2nd in Pais Vasco and i have no idea about the Tour of the Mediterrenean since thats not on Eurosport.

TRENDING THREADS