• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Climate conditions affect the beginning of the racing season in Europe?

I don't want to sound like Al Gore, but lately we've heard all pro racers complaining about the climate conditions in Europe throughout winter, on how tough is training in those conditions and of course seems to be affecting some of the early races. Lately the big names prefer to travel to warmer locations to get their training going, and start the season elsewhere but Europe.
feel free to opine!!

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Why would it affect it?

Winter always vary ..... and when one generation says "boy, was this a brutal winter" ..... there's always someone to remind them it has been tougher in the past.

It's just weather ....... you deal with it like anything else. There's no crying allowed about the weather for a professional!

lostintime said:
Why would it affect it?

Winter always vary ..... and when one generation says "boy, was this a brutal winter" ..... there's always someone to remind them it has been tougher in the past.

It's just weather ....... you deal with it like anything else. There's no crying allowed about the weather for a professional!

It may affect the participation/attendance of big names, since they're the ones *****ing over the climate-not me!! as I stated - everyone seems to go around the planet seeking warmer places to race/train. BTW I agree with you on not crying allowed due to weather--- seems to me the new breed in cycling is weaker in that matter:)

A

Anonymous

hfer07 said:
I don't want to sound like Al Gore, but lately we've heard all pro racers complaining about the climate conditions in Europe throughout winter, on how tough is training in those conditions and of course seems to be affecting some of the early races. Lately the big names prefer to travel to warmer locations to get their training going, and start the season elsewhere but Europe.
feel free to opine!!

Already has. KBK had a surprise winner in horrendous conditions. It was an exciting race to watch.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Jeez. One bad weekend and it's the end of racing as we know it? Simple answer? If you want to ride Monuments, no. If you're a stage racer, maybe. But then, who cares about them?

TRENDING THREADS