• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Will Goss win the Maglia Rosso Passione?

Will Goss win the Maglia Rosso Pasione?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
El Pistolero said:
If he does he'll get my respect. But I doubt he will.

Indeed. Bannan and White would have something to say about the decision also, with one eye on July.

It's hardly even worth having a points jersey in the Giro. 2 of the last 3 have been won by the GC winner and the other was won by a GC guy, who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. If it's not won by guys who are trying to win it, then just get rid altogether.

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Not a particularly worthy jersey to having bragging rights over. Seems to be more of a consolation prize for the GC rider who comes in fighting for second.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
To Cav it should be important for one reason:

To win all three GT point jerseys. Not a lot of riders have accomplished that. Petacchi has.

Or to Goss if he ever manages to win the Green jersey in the Tour and whatever colour the points jersey of the Vuelta is these days.

King Of The Wolds said:
Indeed. Bannan and White would have something to say about the decision also, with one eye on July.

It's hardly even worth having a points jersey in the Giro. 2 of the last 3 have been won by the GC winner and the other was won by a GC guy, who just happened to be in the right place at the right time. If it's not won by guys who are trying to win it, then just get rid altogether.

I'm pretty sure Evans was trying to win it...