• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

With what advantage Christopher Froome will win the Tour?

Final gap...

• He won't win it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
To my great regret, I think we may not see Froome attacking any more in this Tour. He wants to win Alpe-d'Huez surely, but he can do it with a short an 1-1.5 k move. As to the rest he must let other guys to show themselves since the opposite wouldn't be nice.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
6/7 mins.

He will have this time nearly up after the Ventoux and the second TT. Like Airstream just said he will probably do a short attack on the Alpe to try for the win but on the Le Grand Bornard and Annecy he will just mark what happens around him.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
at certain point, he will just follow not riding away. Otherwise the idiots will know it is a freaky comedy show, so it will be around 5-7 mins. He might even try to lose some little time intentionally.:eek:

maxmartin said:
at certain point, he will just follow not riding away. Otherwise the idiots will know it is a freaky comedy show, so it will be around 5-7 mins. He might even try to lose some little time intentionally.:eek:

You'd have to have missed the first two opening acts (Stage 8 and now stage 11) to not already have drawn that conclusion. :D

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
depends on his ego i guess, with present form he should be able to win with 10+ mins, but as mentioned he might get orders from Sky to leave it at around 5 min mark.