• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Women cycling coverage?

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, This is my first post in this forum, and I've tried to find any feedback email or similar on the website, but no luck so far...
First of all, please excuse my English since I'm a Scandinavian :)...

Back on-topic: I see that you do cover some of the women cycling, and probably to the same extent as Eurosport or any other media, but if there is to be any change and bring women cycling to any more than it is, I think that someone needs to step forward...

I would like to see more live-coverage from the worldtour, more in-depth interviews, and more "normal" reports from 1.2 and 2.2 races, at least to the same extend as the guys :)

You do have one of the greatest cyclists in the World (in all time) on the "other" side.. What would the media coverage been if a guy had won the Olympics, the Worlds and the World tour... not only on roads, but CX and soon probably MTB as well?

Kind Regards
//Nicklas Frössling, Sweden

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I was just looking at the (lack of) Route de France coverage. Ok, I now know who won stages, but have no idea how it happened. There aren't even enough photos to know if there were podium girls kissing the stage winners.

TRENDING THREADS