• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Working for USADA/UKADA

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Sorry this is not strictly cycling related but there are a few other threads like this in the forum and I thought some people here might have some ideas.

I have a degree in biomedical sciences and I am very interested in the anti-doping field.

I know USADA don't strictly deal with lab work and testing because they send off their samples to WADA accredited labs. However, there must be a demand for science degree graduates in some areas of their work, say related to education and awareness about doping. I am sure USADA has more employees than the doping control officers and Travis Tygart.

Does anyone know how many other positions they hold or how one would go about seeking a job with one of these agencies?

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:

Thanks for that, now that I've had a chance to look through it seems in general they have jobs in several area's;

Accounting/Finance, HR, communications and outreach, IT, Legal, Science, Testing, Training and education.

I am wondering what exactly their science department does? Since their testing is carried out at labs like the one at UCLA and they have a separate department for training and education?

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Briant_Gumble said:
Sorry this is not strictly cycling related but there are a few other threads like this in the forum and I thought some people here might have some ideas.

I have a degree in biomedical sciences and I am very interested in the anti-doping field.

I know USADA don't strictly deal with lab work and testing because they send off their samples to WADA accredited labs. However, there must be a demand for science degree graduates in some areas of their work, say related to education and awareness about doping. I am sure USADA has more employees than the doping control officers and Travis Tygart.

Does anyone know how many other positions they hold or how one would go about seeking a job with one of these agencies?

there are too many chem/bio Ph.D these days, the whole market is over-saturated. You probably can find a job after a few years Post-doc work.

Briant_Gumble said:
Thanks for that, now that I've had a chance to look through it seems in general they have jobs in several area's;

Accounting/Finance, HR, communications and outreach, IT, Legal, Science, Testing, Training and education.

I am wondering what exactly their science department does? Since their testing is carried out at labs like the one at UCLA and they have a separate department for training and education?
You could always mail or call them and ask.