• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Worlds Lightest headset?

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Cane Creek AER

Yeah, you could build it and then buy one as soon as it's available. Anyways; I think that a lot of companies will come out with this type of bearing in the head-set in the near future; just to reduce the weight and stack-height.

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Lightest headset

Run amok? I don't agree: this HS only weighs in at 45g and thats a good weight saving for the $. Seems like a traditional upper ball-bearing is sometimes over-kill in there, and if you are just riding road or XC - this would be a neat product.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Stahlman said:
Run amok? I don't agree: this HS only weighs in at 45g and thats a good weight saving for the $. Seems like a traditional upper ball-bearing is sometimes over-kill in there, and if you are just riding road or XC - this would be a neat product.

$ a gram?, Nope much more than that.
50 grams or so lighter than a headset that costs 1/4 the price. Sorry, a headset holds your fork on, allows you to turn the 'steering wheel' about 10 degrees, more reliable the better. Hundreds for a HS, even if light, I think is nuts, but MHO, of course. If ya want to fork the $ out, go ahead.