• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

would changing the timing lead to safer sprints and better Tours?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
sorry if already said, but only read the first page here.

surely all they need to do is just keep the barriers straight. the head on view of yesterday's finish looked like it was all over the place.
if the riders can't stay upright down a wide straight road, then tough, but the conditions shouldn't hamper them...

2wheels said:
No, it wouldn't still be a sport if you made it like football!

The difference is a matter of inherent, accidental risk (which Voigt's crash exemplified) versus needless, designed risk (which happens when you stuff 192 guys through a tight pipe at 45 mph). I just don't see how it improves the race for anyone to force the GC guys to bump shoulders with the sprint trains. Dr. Ferrari might agree with the "that's cycling; don't try to change it" mentality, but I think there's always room for tweaking the rules in the interest of fairness and safety.

so I guess today you have had your wet dream come truth...
this is how it looks like when riders do not sprint......
are you happy? because the entire cycling world ain't...

TRENDING THREADS